Eastern Abbey - Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

"I don't owe you anything. I saved you from that rock boss, remember?" He says, his blue eyes glimmering with amusement. You let out an exasperated sigh and motion back to the guardian.

"I don't know if you noticed, but you almost died. On top of that, the guardian is still out there ready to fire at us," you retorted. "We still need to get to that shrine. What should we do?"

Link thought to himself for what felt like hours before responding.

"We could just... walk around it."

You facepalmed.

"You thought for that long and all you came up with is walking around it?"

"I mean we could sneak around it maybe."

"You're hopeless," you sighed, letting out a small smile. "I guess that's the only plan we have for now, though. It's worth a shot."

You peek out from behind the boulder to see that the guardian had stopped looking in your direction. It wasn't glowing pink, either, and instead it was a deep blue color. The guardian's head was swiveling around, scanning the area for any signs of you and Link.

"You first," you say, glancing back at Link, "I'm no good at sneaking, and I want to see the best way to do it before I go."

Link nods in acceptance and crawls away from the shelter of the rock. Sneaking past the guardian, he makes it half way around and reaches the pillar. He crouches down behind it, momentarily out of sight of the guardian, and motions you forward quietly.

You crawl out from behind the boulder, trying your best to mimick Link's movements. You crawl your way around the guardian and meet Link at the pillar.

"Now all we have to do is get to that cluster of rocks and rubble over there," Link says, motioning to the other end of the wall, "and then we're clear. You ready?"

You nod silently and Link continues to sneak around the guardian. Bits and pieces of rubble from the wall scatter the ground, and Link takes caution to not kick them and make noise. However, in doing so, he stopped watching the guardian and focused more on the ground.

When the guardian turned around and saw him, he didn't notice until the targeting laser landed on him.

Stumbling to his feet, Link made a dash for cover. You took a sharp intake of breath as he tripped over one of the pieces of rubble and fell to the ground, giving up any chance of being able to avoid the laser in time.

Without thinking, you ran out from behind the pillar and grabbed your bow, dashing out in front of Link. He looked up at you with wild eyes as you stood in front of him, nocking an arrow into your bow and drawing back the string.

"What are you doing?!" Link said frantically. "Get out of here!"

You didn't reply.

The guardian's beeping quickened.

Time seemed to slow as you aimed at the guardian and released the string. The arrow sliced through the air, landing right in the center of the guardians eye. Its head spun around, momentarily stunned.

You stared, the adrenaline you had a moment before vanishing as quickly as it had come. You didn't think, you didn't move, you were frozen with shock.

Link pulled you away before you even realized he had gotten up, dragging you across the clearing and bringing you back to your senses.

"Are you crazy!?" Link was clearly furious. "(Y/N), you could've gotten injured, why did you do that?"

You look up a Link. His eyes, while filled with anger, also had concern in them as well. He was afraid.

"Now you really owe me," you teased, standing up. "That's the second time I've had to save you." You walk towards the shrine and start climbing up the last wall in your way.

Link sighs, in relief or frustration, you can't tell, before following you.

"But for real, why did you do that? You risked your life."

You shrug.

"I don't know. If I was in danger, you would try to save me, right?"

You and Link reach the shrine and activate the door with your Sheikah Slates.

"...Yeah. I would."

With that, you and Link walk into the shrine and descend into the puzzle below.