The Second Task: Year 4

Start from the beginning

And the witch went off on her usual tangent about the Triwizard Tournament and how dangerous and idiotic it was as Amisty grudgingly stayed still and nodded when she needed as she regretted her life decisions.

When the half-hour alarm rang she was beyond relieved, pulling out her wand to begin casting the charms on the blankets. Madame Pomfrey paused on her rant to go check on what was going on outside, and once the blankets were comfortably warm and steaming slightly, she folded them and stacked them up to trap the heat.

She'd just have to recast it on the top one once the hostages and champions returned. There was a sudden frantic splashing and Amisty peered out the tent, watching as Fleur was pulled out of the lake by Madame Maxime, shaking and shivering and covered from head to toe in scratches.

She seemed panicked, her shockingly blue eyes wide and pupils incredibly tiny. Madame Pomfrey went to fetch her, but the girl seemed to be in hysterics, staring back at the lake and looking as if she were about to leap right back in.

Madame Maxime was restraining her heavily, trying desperately to calm her down.

"Grindylow attack," Madame Pomfrey muttered as she returned to the tent, looking very annoyed that she wasn't able to take in her patient.

"She really wants to get back in the lake, huh," Amisty commented, throwing a glance at the clock. Ten minutes left.

"Her younger sister is down there," Madame Pomfrey replied, gathering up a set of the potions. "If she's not going to calm down enough to let me heal those cuts she may as well take these."

Amisty was shocked, "But what about her sister?"

"She'll be safe. The warning was just for the champions to be back by the time limit, none of them will be harmed," The witch brushed past her, healer mode initiated.

She jumped at a loud alarm.

The time limit was up, and no one but Fleur had returned and she hadn't gotten her hostage.

Amisty watched the water anxiously, her foot tapping and lips pursed. There was a splash, and then Cedric broke the surface, dragging Cho along with him.

As soon as her head got out of the water, she was awake and began to swim to the shore. The Hufflepuffs in the crowd was the loudest of all the cheers, shouting themselves hoarse as they pumped their fists in the air.

Amisty recast the charm on the top blanket and grabbed two of them before racing over to the two.

"Hi, Amisty," Cedric gasped, somehow managing a smile as he helped Cho to her feet.

They were both shivering violently and gratefully took the blankets from her.

"Hi," She smiled. "You were one minute out of the time limit."

His smile fell.

"You're the only one who got your hostage, though. Fleur came back before but she was attacked by grindylows before reaching them," Amisty added quickly, leading them toward the medical tent.

"Congratulations!" Cho beamed, pressing a kiss to his cheek as the couple took their seats on the towel covered gurneys.

"Here, drink these," Amisty passed them the potion sets, jumping at another splashing and loud round of applause and cheers coming from outside the tent.

She caught sight of Hermione's familiar bushy hair, waterlogged and dark.

"Go get her," Cedric whispered. "I won't tell Madame Pomfrey if you don't."