Losing Sleep (H.O.)

"Fall into me
Let me breathe the air you breathe
I can take you anywhere you want to be
When it comes to us, every single touch is something special
When we're wrapped up in those sheets
Yeah, we're winning, we're losing
When we're losing sleep."

- Chris Young

"Finally, time to catch up on Grey's Anatomy," you murmured to yourself as you got settled on the couch with your plate of take out. You turned on the TV at the same time you heard the door handle turning. You thought nothing of it (thinking it was just one of your friends coming to binge Grey's with you) until you realized that the person standing in the door way was none other than Harrison.

You stared at each other, neither of you daring to say a word until Harrison gave a small smile and said, "Hey."

You exploded.

"'Hey'? That's all you have to say for yourself? Is 'hey'?" you shouted placing your food on the coffee table in front of you.

"(Y/N)-"

"No! You don't get to just say 'hey' then (Y/N) me! You don't get to say anything until I'm done with you!" you continued as you stood up and crossed your arms over your chest. "You left without saying goodbye, Harrison. You left to travel with world with Tom while he filmed whatever movie it was this time and you didn't say goodbye."

"You didn't seem mad when-"

"Why would I get angry with you on the phone, Harrison? You wouldn't be able to do anything. You never brought it up-"

"You didn't eith-"

"I didn't bring it up cause it hurt too damn much! What was I supposed to think when you left without so much as a goodbye? I wasn't expecting the full works or anything but just a hug or a text or-"

You were cut off by his lips crashing into yours. You hadn't even noticed him moving closer, or that he had closed the door. Your anger started to disappear before you realized what was happening and pushed him away.

"I'm not done talking to you!"

"Is that was you were doing? Cause I was kissing the girl I was in love with," he said before crashing his lips back on yours. You felt his hands and body guiding you away from the TV, and before you knew it, your back was against the wall, all without breaking the kiss.

After another moment, Harrison finally pulled away from you. Your head was in a fog as you stared into his bright blue eyes, eyes that were filled with sorrow and love.

"You didn't say goodbye," you whispered looking at your feet.

"Hey, look at me," he said gently, placing a couple fingers under your chin and tipping your head back up to look at him. "I couldn't say goodbye. I knew if I saw you I would drag you with me, but you had the big project at your work and I couldn't take you away from that. You worked your ass off to get on that project and I couldn't ruin it for you."

"Why didn't you call, or text to say you were leaving?" you asked, eyes starting to water.

"You would come to the airport and that would defeat the purpose of trying not to pull you from work," he responded. He wiped away a stray tear with his thumb, pulling you in for a big Harrison hug. "Don't cry, please don't cry. I wanted to say goodbye. I should've said goodbye. (Y/N), you're the most important person to me, more important than Tom, and I screwed it up. I'm sorry, (Y/N). I'm so so sorry."

He placed a gentle kiss on the top of your head and gave you a gentle squeeze. "If it makes you feel any better, I was sick basically the entire trip. And, I couldn't sleep because you weren't there. So, I think karma already bit me in the ass."

You laughed into his chest before pulling back and wiping away your remaining tears. You looked up into his eyes and knew that he would never do anything like that again.

"I forgive you, Haz," you said. "But, if you do anything like this again-"

"I swear on my life I will never leave without telling you goodby again," he promised, marking an x over his heart.

"Good. Now what were you saying about kissing the girl you were in love with?" you smiled.

He let out a soft chuckle before leaning down to place a small gentle kiss on your lips.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you, too, Harrison. Now, do you want some dinner?"

"I'm starving."

"Good, because I might have gone overboard on the food."

He laughed and you smiled. You had missed hearing his laugh and voice in person. Video chats and phone calls didn't do him justice.

"What were you about to watch?" he asked while making his plate.

"Grey's Anatomy."

"Perfect! I've been meaning to catch up on it so we could obsess over it together!"

"Then hurry up or I'm starting this episode without you!" you said as you made your way back to the couch.

"You wouldn't dare!"

"Try me, Haz!"

To be completely honest, the episodes played but neither one of you were paying attention due to the random kisses between Harrison showing you the pictures he had taken and you gushing about your project from work. Eventually, you fell asleep wrapped under a blanket on the couch, his luggage forgotten by the door until morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hi all!
Sorry for not posting in a few months. Things have been busy then the pandemic hit and honestly I haven't been motivated to write. Hopefully y'all like this one!

Stay safe in all the craziness happening in the world and remember to be kind to one another!
~Hope