H.E.L.P.

Ron and Neville had, as promised, stayed over on Saturday night, and by Sunday morning, they were ready to start talking about house elves. Ron was especially pro house elf freedom, once they had explained about Harry's village, and about house elves not being allowed to mate, as he understood what it was like to be scorned, having always been due to his lack of money.

Sunday dawned crisp and clear, and at ten o'clock precisely, Dinky popped into existence, with a pale looking Athena next to her.

"'Mione! How are you... and who are these two?" Athena greeted her sister, wrapping her in a hug.

"I'm Ronald Weasley, but most of my friends just call me Ron... in fact, I think its only Percy- my brother- who calls me Ronald..." Ron introduced himself, going red as he kept talking.

"I'm Neville Longbottom. I'm pleased to meet you, Athena."

They sat down on the sofa's and Harry summoned a few notebooks and pens, chocolate frogs, a few cadbury's bars, and a packet of marshmallows. They curled up in blankets before actually starting their discussion.

"I think we need a chairperson." Hermione stated, firmly. "I also think It should be Harry, given his recent liberation of 400 house elves, which is a world record."

As everyone nodded, Harry tried to protest. Eventually, he said that he would only agree if they had a committee in charge, and that all of the people present were involved. Hermione got out a notebook and wrote down everyone's name and title.

Harry - chairman

Hermione- Publicity Spokesperson

Dudley - Co-chair

Ron - treasurer

Neville - Research manager

Athena- director of artistry and advertising leader

Dudley had tried to convince Hermione to be second in command, but she refused, saying that the brothers ought to do it together. Eventually it was decided, so they began to talk about a course of action that they should take.

"We need adults involved," Athena started, quietly, then stopped as everyone looked at her. Getting and encouraging nod from Hermione, she continued.

"We are still only twelve, eleven if you are Neville or Harry, so nobody would listen to us at the moment. I think we need to get some adults on our side, and well powered adults too, not just any adults."

Everyone nodded, deep in thought.

"My Grandma is in the Wizangamot," Neville offered, "And she is always against cruelty, regardless of who carries it out. And she's friends with Amelia Bones- you know, Susan's aunt- who's head of the DMLE. I'm sure they'll help. And Me and Ron are friends with Susan too."

"Sirius is an auror, and his cousin, Tonks, would always be happy to help with things like that. And they both get on with Mad eye moody... you know... the one who killed you-know-who." Dudley suggested.

"I recon we ask mum to talk to specific Order members... the order isn't too busy now, but they still meet occasionally. People like Shacklebolt would be great to have. And Lupin would be in, he knows about people being suppressed for no real reason other than something that's not their fault." Harry added.

After they compiled a list, they decided to create a formal letter of invitation to support HELP.

"But first," Said Hermione, "We need a booklet or such to help our case. Harry, can we go to the village to get testimony's from the elves you freed?"

*****

Half an hour later, all of them were in the village, with notebooks and Wizarding Cameras.

"Harry, What are the Cameras for? None of these elves have been abused, have they?" Neville asked, looking at all of the equipment.

"Some, especially those belonging to Godric Griffindor. He believed in beating elves to make him look good. But also so we can get pictures of happier elves. People will want to see that what they are doing is 'worth it', so to speak. A lot of wizards believe that elves are always happy to help, regardless of working conditions, which is true for some, but some hate working at get ill, and some masters ban elves from making themselves better." Harry explained.

They approached the schoolhouse, where there were twenty young house elves in school uniform, grinning at the teacher. Harry asked permission to take pictures, then did so, capturing all of the elves beaming faces.

"How old are these elves?" Neville inquired, getting notes for the booklet.

"15 elf years, the average elf lives to be about three hundred, but it is the equivalent of a class of year two children in a muggle school." The teacher answered, smiling as she did so.

"May we ask a few questions about freedom to them?" Hermione requested.

"Of course."

Hermione approached an elf in a blue dress.

"What's your name, little one?" She asked.

"Sparky," She answered, grinning.

"Okay, Sparky. How do you feel about being born a free elf?" Hermione asked, notepad at the ready.

"I think it's great. We learn how to talk properly, so wizards respect us. We get to play, and do what we want to... and wear nice clothes. We are allowed to leave if we like, and we don't get hurt by anyone. We are safe, and we have a nice place to live, away from harms reach, where we can just be elves."

Hermione smiled, and all of the other elves nodded and clapped.

"Thank you, everyone. I'm amazed at how fast you are all learning, well done, everyone." Harry smiled, as he and his friends exited the school.