New Orleans-Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

I waited at least half an hour and to many shots to count before Klaus showed up. 'I almost didn't recognise you because I couldn't smell your blood.' The original stated with a smirk on his lips. He was just how I remembered.
I scoffed. 'What a shame.' I swirled the content in my glass, I was pretty sure it was a margarita. 'What brings you to New Orleans?' Asked Klaus curiously and he took a seat at the bar next to me.
'You.'
'And what about me?'
'I want you to teach me how to be a vampire. Considering I just killed someone maybe some self control should be the first lesson.' I slurred and he frowned at me, I could tell he could see the pain through my mask.
'Well I'm not the one good at self control but Elijah might be able to help you with that.' Klaus suggested staring at me. I simply laughed at this. 'Oh yeah the one who tried to kill me because he couldn't control himself around my blood.'
'Fine.' Klaus sighed. 'I will teach you if you really want.'

He lead me to a abandoned part of town, it was cold and deserted. He first taught me how to hunt, I teased him about being an expert in this because he hunted Katherine for five hundred years. Then it was how to use vampire speed and hearing.
'Now let's start on the fun stuff.' He said almost excitedly. He pulled out a stake and chucked it over to me. I looked at him with a raised brow, he chuckled at my confusion. 'I'm going to teach you how to fight.' He vanished and I used my vampire hearing to find him, once I caught the counts of his steps I followed him, just as I was about to sneak up on him he caught me and pinned me to the ground. 'No fair!' I whined. 'Let's do it again!' He rolled his eyes smiling before agreeing. Each time Klaus would beat me and each time I would insist on trying again, I had never been this determined before.
Klaus began stalking towards me he was just about to fling himself at me but I disappeared into the trees, stifling a laugh as I watched him look around for me confused. Once he was vulnerable enough I perched myself onto Klaus's back, the stake brushing against his chest lightly.
'Gotcha.' I whispered into his ear happily. Finally I had won.
Klaus chuckled, shaking his head. 'You truly are one frightening little monster.'
I got down off of him and placed the stake onto the ground beside me. 'So that's it for today then?' I questioned and he knotted his brows together frowning before replying. 'Yes.'
It was silent for a moment.
'Do you have a place to stay?' Klaus pressed, his eyes scanning my face.
I bit my lip. 'No I don't.'
'You can stay with me.'
'Really?'
'Sure.' He replied casually. 'Just like old times.'
'Just like old times.' I muttered to myself and kicked the stake a little.
'Hayley has been staying with us too.' He announced as I followed him to the house, I had forgotten about her. It made me sad to think about him having a baby.
'Where is your child?' I asked and tried to keep up with the original.
He sighed. 'Hope, is somewhere safe. Far from here.' I didn't bother asking anymore questions, it seemed like a touchy subject.
When I walked inside the mansion Klaus had lead me to Elijah came down to greet us immediately. 'Leah.' He said shocked. 'I didn't know we would be having the pleasure of your company.' I could tell he was also shocked that I was a vampire now, he seemed less uptight around me to, I guess it was because my blood was no longer mouthwatering.
'I will show you to the guest room.' Offered Klaus and he held my waist directing me up stairs, his touch felt amazing. It was like electricity was running throughout my body.

The next day I decided to do some exploring of the town. I was watching the musicians playing beautiful jazz music in the streets. After the blood control session with Klaus I felt a little more at ease around the crowd. I smiled and clapped along with the music. 'Hello.' A man greeted beside me, he had beautiful white teeth, which reminded me of James's smile and I frowned. 'So you're Leah, Klaus's girl?' I turned to him with a raised brow and folded my arms. 'Er, no.' I paused looking at the unfamiliar face. 'Who are you?'
He grinned. 'I'm Marcel, welcome to New Orleans.' He shook my hand and I smiled back at him. Why did I feel like this Marcel guy was up to some trouble?

Marcel soon walked away and Klaus a few minutes after replaced his spot next to me. 'It's a beautiful city.' I boasted and I could feel his eyes upon me.
'So why did you really come back?' He asked me.
I shrugged. 'Un finished business.' For some reason I couldn't tell him I came all this way for him. He went to say something else but was cut off by a young boy who had walked up to me. 'This is for you.' He said and handed me a piece of paper. In blood red writing it said. 'I will hunt you down and kill you.' I bit my tongue trying to suppress the fear. 'Who gave you this?' Klaus questioned the boy and knelt down to his level.
'I don't remember.' The boy mumbled before skipping away, disappearing into the crowd. 'Don't worry, love. You're safe with me.' Klaus promised and tucked a strand of hair behind my ears. Later that day I decided it was time for a wardrobe change. So I went shopping for designer clothes brands. I didn't know what I was doing so I had the shop ladies help me pick out outfits, I was no longer human Leah which meant I needed a new style. I even chucked out my strawberry shampoo, it was almost sad to let go of. Because I wasn't so clumsy anymore I bought myself some pairs of expensive heels, I compelled the cashier to give them to me for free though. Being a vampire did have its perks but I still felt heartbroken about what I did to James, how could I do that to my friend? Someone who I'm supposed to care about?

I placed my shopping bags into my room and looked up seeing Klaus holding my old parka. 'What are you doing?' I demanded and folded my arms.
'I miss your human scent. It smells like the old you.' He told me simply and smelt it slightly before placing it back down. I frowned, I missed my old self a little too. At least she didn't kill her friends.
I walked out of the room and into the kitchen, I stuck some pop tarts in the toaster and waited for them to cook. 'Interesting choice.' Klaus blurted out.
I rolled my eyes. 'Stop stalking me. It's creepy.'
He laughed at my retort, although we didn't admit it to each other we were happy to see one another.

☾☾☾

A/N: OMG!!! So Leah left Mystic Falls and killed James! Anyways I'm still glad that her and Klaus are reunited. Have you noticed the slight change in her personality?

  Have you noticed the slight change in her personality?