Flashes

Flashback

I'm getting married today !!! This is the beginning of the rest of my life!

These were the thoughts I woke up to. Nik and I had been dating for 4 years before getting engaged, that was 2 years ago.

We both agreed we were too young what with our jobs and other priorities  while planning a wedding. So we took our time.
Got to know each other and their families. Planning our whole future.

We originally  met in college but bonded over a vacation we had.. well he had and met up and thus began our story.

I was lying  in bed thinking how far we'd come when my mom came barging into the room.
"Why are you still in bed ?! Wake up we'll  be late!"

This was typical mom never giving me peace, but she is my mother...

"What time is it?"

"7 am"

"Why so early? The wedding's not till  4pm!"

"We have work to do "

"What could possibly be there that needs to be done?"

"Plenty!"

And so I bathed and dressed in a robe descended . For breakfast and whatever.

***

By 2pm I was dressed and made up. My bridesmaids consisting of my best girls Vicky and Amy were also dressed and made up.

Vicky has been my best friend since 8th grade. Always the one who had boys trailing after her. With her shiny black waist lenght hair and model night. Amy was a work buddy in my teen years. Amy was more similar to me in most ways except she loved reading and my love was for music. But we've been though enough to be classified as sisters. Inseparable that's what we were.

We were going through the family  tradition of prayers and blessings in the house and by older relatives.
Let's just say a lot of tears were shed.

***
I was waiting to enter the church when Kholman -my little brother slides up next to me, " Hey sis. You look stunning."

"Yeah well you look awful! Where were you?"

"Oh how you wound me Tia, I was.... out... ", he's being his vague and airy  self. Bringing a sort of ease to myself.

I adjust my vale, out of nowhere a box comes into view. I follow the hand to the person.

"Early wedding gift?" I take the box, in side is a beautiful black pearl ring. "This must have cost a fortune K! You didn't have to, you're not made not made if money."

"It's not from me.... read the note"

This is when I notice a small  envelope attached to the box.

Hey.....wife
Hope you had a good morning.
An early wedding gift, to remember the day I make you mine.
Missed you.

Love N

Aww ...

"Hey Nat.... I hope your kids are this sweet too. Remember I'm first godmother"

"Whatever you say Vic",was my non chalent reply for I wasn't paying attention.

Present

Nik wasn't always this distant and cruel  but we all deal differently.

But it was I that was so stupid.

I knew he wanted more... I did too
I child it's what we longed for.
It's what I needed.

To love and care for something of my flesh  and blood. Something small and cute. Something made of my and Nik's love.

€€€€€€€

Nessie🌸🌸