Chapter Thirty-Six

I roll over and reach to the other side of the bed, not surprised to find it empty and made-up. I lay back and pull the covers up to my chin, attempting to keep the cold air away.

I finally get tired of laying there and get cold enough. So, I roll out of the bed and walk over to the drawers. I find Alexander's black hoodie in one, so I take it out and throw it on.

When I walk into the kitchen, I find a half empty pot of coffee. I pour half a cup of the liquid, then I take the creamer out of the fridge and mix it in.

I sit at the table and sip the coffee, trying to get warmer if possible. Why is it this cold in the cabin?

I look around to find a thermostat, but find that it doesn't work. I guess we will just have to deal with the cold weather.

When I finish my coffee, I put the cup in the sink and glance out the window. Even though we've been here for a week, I still am in awe at how beautiful Ireland is. Besides the cold weather, it's almost like a paradise. For me, anyways.

I take a blanket off of the bed in our room and go to our couch. I flip through the TV, not surprised that I find nothing on.

I take out my cell phone and scroll through all the missed text messages. Mainly from Madeline, Sydney, and Zachary. I'm about to open one of them when my phone starts to ring in my hands.

I'm overjoyed at the name on the screen and immediately answer it. "Miles!" I exclaim into the phone.

"Isabelle! It's lovely to hear from you!" my agent says back. I don't know when the last time was I talked to him. He didn't have any contact with me during the filming of Dear Eleanor.

"It's good to talk to you too. What's up?" I ask, my teeth starting to chatter from the coldness of the cabin.

"Well, I've actually been working on something for you. Leonardo DiCaprio is producing this really great movie. And I mean I've read the script and all, this movie will be a blockbuster. I've talked to him and the director as well about the main roles, and I showed them some of my clients' profiles and they want you, Isabelle. It's the lead role, and all you have to do is fly out to L.A." He says into the phone.

Wow. A lead role in a Leonardo DiCaprio movie.

"That sounds great, Miles. When do I need to fly out?" I ask. T

"As soon as possible. They want all casting done by the end of this week." he answers.

I feel my stomach drop. If I get the role, it will be amazing, but I will have to leave Alexander behind.

"Oh. Um...let me think about it Miles." I say, staring down at my hands now.

"Think about it?" Miles says, confused that I didn't immediately take the offer. "Isabelle, this may be a once in a lifetime thing here. A lead role in a blockbuster. This can really kick your career off. What's holding you back?"

I take a sharp intake of breath. "Nothing."

"Yeah, right. I've been your agent since Orphan. I know that you would take this offer as fast as it was handed out. What's holding you back?" he repeats himself.

"Well, it's just that-"

"Oh, I get it." He says, and I know that he is smirking to himself on the other end. "You're in Ireland with that boy. You don't want to leave him."

"That's not it." I lie, my face beginning to turn red.

"Isabelle, I know that it may be tough, but you need to think about yourself. This is your career. If you two plan on being serious with each other, things will be like this. You're in the acting business; it happens. Look at all the other couples that are actors and they are just fine. They probably spend months away from each other at a time." Miles tells me.

I sigh. I just really don't want to leave Alexander. After I came here with him and all; I'm going to miss him way too much.

Miles stays silent on the other end, and I do too. What am I supposed to say?

"Well," he finally begins, "the plane to Atlanta leaves Ireland tomorrow at noon. If you decide you want to do it, give me a call or text so I can confirm the audition. We'll be in touch."

The line cuts off and I set my phone down softly on the coffee table. I really want this job, but Alexander...

We definitely wouldn't see each other for months. He would he here filming Vikings for a few more, and I would be gone longer if I got the part.

I go through many scenarios in my head. Miles was right; this will happen if Alexander and I stay together. Might as well get used to it now, right? And this is a great opportunity.

I pick my head up out of my hands and get off the couch. I go back into the room and change from my sweatpants into a pair of jeans. I pull my hair up and slip on a pair of sneakers before walking out the door.

The cold air outside is almost unbearable, but I decide I just deal with it. I follow the path behind the cabin to the spot where they are filming. I pass many of the other cast members' cabins along the way, but they all seem empty as well.

After walking on the path for about five minutes, I can hear talking up ahead. I see many sets of cameras and people dressed in funny costumes through a small clearing.

I walk faster up and see Alexander standing under a tent, taking a break. I walk up behind him and throw my arms around his neck, making him jump out of surprise.

I tear my arms away and he turns around to face me. "Hey!" he exclaims when he sees me. He pulls me into a hug and quickly places a kiss on my lips.

"I'm glad you came out. I wanted you to see us filming." He says. His breath turns to cold steam whenever he talks.

I look around the set and see them filming a small scene in what looks like a barn. "You aren't in this one?" I ask.

"No, I have like an hour until my next scene." He answers with a laugh. He keeps an arm around me, attempting to keep me warm.

"Well that's good I guess." I tell him.

"Yeah, I just get bored. I'm glad you're here now." He says. I look up and see that he is smiling.

I lay my head against his chest and watch them filming the other people. A sharp feeling of nervousness hits my stomach and I pull away from Alexander.

"What's wrong?" he asks with a frown. "You look like you don't feel good."

"Thanks." I mumble. He laughs and apologizes, and I look down at the ground. "Nothing's wrong but...I was offered a part in this really big movie and I would have to leave tomorrow for the audition."

Alexander's face hardens and he looks down at the ground as well. The muscles in his jaw twitch and he looks back up to stare at me. "So you have to leave?"

I nod my head, and he takes a deep sigh. "How long do you think it would be?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Probably a few months."

He runs his hand through his hair, trying not to make eye contact with me.

"I want to take the job, Xander. I know that-"

"You're taking it." He says, cutting me off. His name is called over from the group that is filming, and he stares at me for a few seconds. "You're taking it. End of discussion." He demands before running off to film.

I'm sorry for the short and bad chapters :/