Chapter Six

"Xander you are such a-"

"Shh," Jack says, hooking his arm over so it is covering Leven's mouth. "Don't speak."

Jack yelps in pain and snatches his hand away suddenly. I laugh at the sight and take another bite out of my salad.

"Quit fighting, children." Dayo says from his seat at the table. He puts his attention back on his phone and begins to rapidly text somebody.

"So, guys." Alexander begins. He reclines back against the back of the booth and takes a sip out of his water. "North Carolina in a week."

I feel a wave of excitement run through me. The filming will all take place in North Carolina. We leave in a week to go to start training in the gym there, and then begin filming. We are basically supposed to be gone the whole summer filming this.

I stretch my legs out beneath the table. Over the course of our new training, I can feel myself slowly getting stronger and faster. Which is good, because soon we will be preparing the fight scenes. I'm still kind of intimidated by Dayo, but he's actually as nice as can be.

I decide that I've had enough of the bland salad and push it aside. I think we have all had enough of Gary's dieting plans.

We are supposed to be filming a ton of bonus footage later today at training. Gary told us that we could go get lunch and just come in late.

"So, you guys do know that going to North Carolina together means prank wars, right?" Jack asks with an evil grin. I raise an eyebrow. I don't really like the sound of that.

"The what?" Leven asks.

"Prank wars." Dayo says without looking up from his phone. "I prank you, you prank me. It's fun."

She rolls her eyes at him. Our checks come shortly and I pay for mine, then follow the rest of the group out the door.

I have to race over to Dayo's car to fight Alexander for the front seat. I think he doesn't bring his car every day just so he can fight me for the seat. He usually lets me win, though. And again today, I get the front seat.

We leave the restaurant and arrive at the gym shortly. When I walk inside, I see more camera crews and interviewers than usual. I walk back into the locker room to change into my gym clothes.

When I walk back out, I see that most of the others have already started their training. I see Josh in the corner, using some type of weight mechanism.

Poor Josh. Gary never lets him off the hook for any training whatsoever. He's had to put on so much muscle for the role. Every day when I arrive at training, Josh has already been there for hours using the weights. And Jennifer hasn't had it much easier. She's always on the treadmill or practicing on the rock walks. She's also been having to go to special archery classes or something. She constantly has marks on the inside of her elbow where the bowstring hits it.

I walk over to one of the weight contraptions and begin to work out. This one is really easy. You basically just do lunges with it strapped to your back the whole time.

Some of the camera crews come by and film is training, and then film us talking together during breaks. They pull us off when we have a chance for a small interview.

When I decide to take a break, I go to my locker and get a water bottle. When I turn back around, a camera is in my face.

"Hi, Isabelle." The interview lady says.

"Hi." I say, nearly out of breath from working out all day.

"Do you have time for a few questions?" she asks.