Chapter 1 : Welcome to Oddbelle

Author's Note

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, locales, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

I hope you can enjoy as much as I am on writing the story!!

So enjoy!

--- ??? POV ---

"Dammit! Why does it have to rain now?", I groaned as I sped up my pace, running in my wolf form. Winter has finally ended, no more freezing snow but unfortunately its a freezing rain now.

At this state of time people would probably lazing around at home, eat some biscuits, and probably just sleep, not running in the middle of forest, freezing in the rain. 

Although as a healthy young wolf, I DO love running, but what I DO NOT love and absolutely HATE is when I have to run for 4 hours straight, with a big and heavy backpack holding tight on my back, to an unknown town where my new home would be (which I never want to and waaay still prefer my cozy bed back home with the pack), and now in rain. 

As the sky was getting darker and darker, I kept running passing through logs and trees. My breath was getting shorter and shorter, I feel like I'm going to wheeze really hard soon.

I shouldn't have skipped leg day.

And arm day I guess since I'm running on four anyway.

Keeping my paces, I tried to distract my exhausted mind, and the only thing that I'm really good at this kind of situation is keep talking by myself. So please bear with me, to anyone who's reading my mind right now.

I can't believe that my old man kicked me out from the pack house because he said, I was a nuisance to the pack.

I thought at least my brother would help me but no, he said just listen to him or you'll be in more trouble. In fact that he was also the one who choose this faraway town pissed me off. And here I thought he was my brother who will always be on my side, but nooo he decided to send me away to the town most faraway from the pack.

I feel so salty right now.

I miss my bed..

As I kept running, I finally reached the border of the forest. While still hiding behind the trees that shield the forest dwellers, there was a lonely roadway that I believe would brought me to the town where I'm heading. No cars could be seen on the soak 2 lane road, probably not a lot of people come to this small town. Well, personally I didn't even know that the town exist as well, until just now.

Continuing on my run, heading to the north, I follow the road but still from the safe distance in the forest until I found a huge wooden plank with some flowers growing around the plank. The town's name was written on the plank.

"Welcome to Oddbelle".

I scrunched my muzzle reading the odd name. Although I've been told the town's name before I still couldn't believe, what kind of person or people who would name a town with such a strange name. If you asked me it definitely sounds pretty odd alright.

Just behind the plank was a downhill towards a valley where the town was. From where I stand on my paws, which was pretty high above, I could see how peaceful and quiet the little town look. The town was pretty small, it was also surrounded by the green forest and probably some bunches of small hills here and there. From the distance you can see the nearest mountain which look pretty fain up here. There was a thin fog glooming around the town and the forest around it.