Revelations. Chapter 16

"I'm so sorry Rosey, but I cant go in. I have a chemistry project due for tomorrow and I haven't even started it." Trent turned to me as we parked in my yard.

"It's fine, really it is. I was going to have an early night anyway." I smiled softly, getting out of the car. I wasn't angry that they weren't coming in, I just felt sort of alone. I know it's stupid but I dont know what came over me. I closed the car door and walked to my front door,  fumbling around for a key in my bag.

"Here" Carter reached from behind me and placed a key into the door.

I looked behind me, surprised to see him, "I thought you were going home too."

"And leave you all alone? I don't think so." Carter replied with a large smile, as he turned the key and opened the door.

"I'm fine really. I dont need company 24/7, Anyway my mom will be back soon." I mumbled incoherently, as I fidgeted with my sleeve. I dont know why I am acting so weirdly. I feel like someone is standing on my lungs and my heart feels like it is sinking. Must be a side effect of my new medication.

Carter walked up to me, leaving about 2 inches between our faces. He put both hands on my face as he stared deeply into my eyes, "I'm not going anywhere Rose.Okay?"

"Okay." I half whispered,  very aware of the small distance between us. Carter stayed like that for another minute before dropping his hands and taking a step back. I let out a breath of air I didnt know I was holding in. What was that all about?

"So you set up the movie and I'll make the popcorn" Carter ruffled my hair before placing a small kiss on my forehead and leaving for the kitchen. He has never really done that before, only a certain number of occasions,  such as, when I was 6 and scraped my knee, when the boy I was dating in 8th grade broke my heart and right now.

I stood there in shock for a minute before I returned to reality. I went up to my bedroom and put on the DVD 'Marley and Me', my favourite movie of all time.

"Really, Again?" Carter said as he entered to room carrying a handfull of sweets and popcorn.

"Shut up, you know you love it. I always see a tear in your eye at the end." I smiled cheekily, stuffing a handful of popcorn into my mouth.

Carter rolled his eyes but had a large smile on his face as he jumped onto my bed, causing all the food to go everywhere.

"Carter!" I mocked shouted, but bursted out in laughter straight after.

"What?" He played dumb, flinging popcorn at me.

"You're so dead" I pounced on him, he started tickling me and I tried to escape. Tears fell from my eyes from laughing too hard.

All my problems felt so much lighter.

___________________

Carter's POV

After our tickling fight, we watched the movie. Rose fell asleep so I decided to go home. As I left the house, I could see her mother pull into the drive way.

"Hello Carter, Where's Trent?" Ms.Rosenfield asked.

"He had a school project to do. Rose is asleep." I replied,  feeling a little awkward. It has been years since I had a proper conversation with her.

"So you were here alone?" a joking smile engulfed her face.

My face grew increasingly red as I avoided eye contact,  "Yes but I can assure you nothing went on-"

Ms.Rosenfield put up both hands in a soothing manner, "It's okay I know there's nothing going on, you are so far into the friend zone at this stage! Anyway I'll catch up with you later, I have to put away the shopping" And with that she walked away and went inside.

Her words were like a bucket of ice dropping over me. I was far into the friend zone, but I am going crawl back out. I want nothing more then to be with Rose.

---------------

"Why were you there so long, you said you were just going to say goodbye! " Trent spat, once he saw me walk through the door.

"She was really upset" I shrugged,  walking in to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"And what, big mighty Carter swoops in to save the day? How come you're the one who fucks her around, yet she idolises you. You dont deserve it!" Trent was in a rage, with every word he got closer and when he was finished he shoved me.

"I didn't do anything wrong! You're the one who got involved in all that bad shit, you're the one who was sent away. I have always been there for her, not you." I replied angrily.

"Oh you were always there huh? How about when you ditched her in school?  How about when you ignored her very existance? Is that your idea of always being there for her?!"

"That's different and you know it!" I screamed, "She didn't want the attention,  she wanted to hang out with HER friends not MINE."

"Did you ever fucking ask her what she wanted!?" Trent practically spat in my face.

I grew silent, dropping my eyes in response.  He was right.

"That's what I thought." He sneered, shouldering me as he walked by.

I am a horrible person.

Authors Note:

Another chapter woooo! I'll pick a winner from the last chapter comments later on because I'm not on my laptop. so there is still a chance to enter! thanks pals :) xxxx

My BadBoy's BrotherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara