Where's My Alarm Clock? Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Wake up."

"Go to hell." I replied to the source of my sleep interruption.

"I would, but I don't have the directions." He replied.

I lifted my head from beneath the covers, and took in the sight of a cross-legged Carter sitting at the bottom of my bed.

"Do you know how to get to school?" I raised an eyebrow as I questioned him.

Carter looked confused as he slowly drawled out, "Yes, why?"

"Because then you know where hell is." I sighed, covering myself up again with the duvet.

 "Just get up Rosemary." Carter sounded pissed off. He got off the bed and pulled back the curtains, causing bright streams of light shine in my eyes.

"My real name? You must be angry." I uncovered myself and shot him a glare. I slowly dragged myself out of bed and made my way over to where Carter stood at the window.

"What's wrong Bad Boy?" I playfully punched his arm. For the two year I have known him, he never acted like this.

"What's wrong is, we are going to be late if you don't hurry the hell on." Carter spun around and made his way out my bedroom door, not leaving before flashing a cocky smirk.

What a Jerk.  

I turned to my wardrobe and picked out a simple long sleeve tee and some skinny jeans. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and put clear lip balm on my cracked lips. I really didn't feel like going to school, shocker right? The nerd not actually excited about school, someone call the CIA.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Carter was sitting on my counter chomping on an apple.

"Stop stealing my food." I glared at him but I knew he could see I was joking. A smile smile appeared on his face as I knew he had an idea. That's Never Good.

"Here have it back." Carter opened his mouth and spit out chewed apple all over the floor. I didn't know weither to be angry or just plain disgusted. Carter burst out laughing and I couldn't help the edges of my mouth to twitch. Don't laugh, just keep a straight face Rose.

I kept my face expressionless as I squatted down to the chewed apple remains on the floor and scooped it up in my hand. Carter stopped laughing once he saw what I was about to do. I threw the chewed apple at him, landing right on his face. Bulls-eye.

There was about a two second silence before I bursted out laughing, clutching my sides at the comical sight in front of me. A look of shock and rage was present on Carters face and I could almost see a purple vain in his forehead throb. Of course this made me laugh twice as hard.

I was struggling to breathe as Carter slowly wiped the apple of his face and glared me down.

"You do know you picked up something that was in my mouth, right?" Carter remarked. How did I not think of that? Who knows what has been in Carters mouth! Or should I say, Who has been in Carter's mouth.

I cringed and wiped my hands on Carter. He could have his disgusting germs back.

"You do know you are just adding more of my germs if you rub it off on me." He said slowly as if I was a child or simple.

"Well isn't someone smart today? Wait you said we were late for school! We are definitely late now!" I said in a rush as I grabbed my keys and made a dash for the door.

"Calm your pantyhose, I lied to get you out of bed." Carter smiled at his own little trick. Wow he was so cocky. Time to take him down a notch.

"Wow, that must be a change from you lieing to get women Into bed." I said before walking out the front door. Carter soon followed behind. I got into my car but not before earning a middle finger from Carter. Isn't he charming?

I pulled out of the driveway and stuck my tongue out at Carter as I drove past him. Pulling into the school parking lot, I scanned for a spot to park. Bingo. There was a perfect spot at the left corner. I started to make my way over to it when a black Mercedes sped past me. I instanly knew who it was. He better not....But of course he took my parking space. He was so going to pay for that.

I slowly drove past his car, giving my best death glare. Carter got out to the car and flashed me the most cockiest smile, teeth and all! Then he strolled away as if he was some God. He is so self absorbed that I'm surprised he doesn't go around making out with a mirror. Actually he probably does when no one is looking. He's probably like; 'Wooo Carter you're so fine' and then he would reply to himself 'Oh no Carter, You're so fine!' Then he would have a full make out session with the mirror......Why the hell am I thinking about this? If people knew the things I think about they would run, run really far far away.

In the period of time I had that disturbing image of Carter and his lover, the mirror ,I found a parking spot. I sauntered into the school, I looked around for my group of friends but couldn't spot them. Shrugging, I decided to go to my locker. When I reached for the combination key my mind wen't completely blank, What was my combination? How could I forget my own combination? In the middle of the mental rant I was having, a hand overstretched my shoulder and twisted my combination. To my shock it actually opened. I turned around slowly to see who it was. Jake.

"You're getting old Rosenfield." Jake smirks as he leans against the locker beside mine. "Soon you'll be using a walking stick and rambling on about 'The good Old days'."

"Shut up Jake. I didn't forget my combination i was just....eh...em- I was just admiring my locker structure!" I banged on my locker door before continuing, "Yep just as I thought, Metal." Okay so maybe I wasn't the best liar!

"Yeah, Yeah, Whatever Grandma. There might be a sixty year age gap but I can dig it." Jake nodded his head as if this was the best joke in the world. I proceeded to pull books out of my locker and shut it when i was finished.

"I'm no cougar." I decided to play along to whatever this game was and I planned on winning. I'm a little competitive like that.

"Shame, I like me an older woman." Jake gave me his most devilish smiles, I had to admit , he looked pretty hot. I responded to him by rolling my eyes and I began to walk away. Jake continued to follow me.

"So while we are on the subject of age, What age are you then?" Jake casually asked.

"Just turned Seventeen." I replied, wondering why he wanted to know.

"Darn, I just turned eighteen." Jake snapped his finger in disgust but you could kind of see that he was messing.

"And.....?" I tried to get him to continue.

"And it's illegal fo us to have sexual relations." He wiggled his eyebrows, "But I won't telll anyone." He smiled.

"Eww you creep." I playfully pushed him away from me. I knew he was only joking , well I hoped so anyway!

"Haha, Okay I'll talk to you later. I have to go find my friend Carter, he's on the football team too." Jake said before casually strolling away. I laughed at how he explained who Carter was, Like I didn't know hehehe. Wow I sound so girly...Note to self: Become more Butch. 

-----

The rest of the day passed pretty uneventful. My mother wasn't home so I decided to just put on a movie and head for bed.  I was tired from all the laughs I had today.

The very second I layed down my phone buzzed. Typical.

Carter: You better set an alarm tommorrow, I won't be there. I got lucky ;-)

Ew..That's just what I needed, finding out my bestfriend is about to get laid. At least one of us is. Shut up brain and your hormonal thoughts.

Now where the hell did I put my alarm clock?