6. TROUBLE AT THE DOORSTEP

Start from the beginning

"Don't get any ideas ... Go sleep in your room .. I'll be sleeping here on  the other couch to give my to be sister in law a company... So ... Shoooo shoooo..." She waved her hands to send me out like I'm a puppy or something .. seriously?

I shook my head and walked into my room .. Dumping myself In the bed , I took my own time to figure out the process of courtship and how to woo her ...

Which I didn't get a single idea after hours..

Seems like , my creativity is of no use here .
. Suman Tiwari is an outstanding creation , and a fine art of women ... She deserves the best , and I'm going to get her that ...

.......................................

"Suman ..."

"......"

"Suman..."

".....eeh..."

"SUMAN"

"I can't hear you ....''

" What got you to develop this selective hearing disorder all of a sudden .?" I frowned..

"It happened .. now drop that topic , and I  might regain my hearing ability ..." She shuffled through the articles and canvas which where being removed from the gallery , for the new exhibition ...

" It's just a friendly dinner ... Why are you so worried ..?" 

She stopped and folded her hands over her chest ..." Ok ... But you have to come on the pajama party me and my girl- friends are going to have at my place next week ..? Done. ." 

"What me ??.
How ...
Are you kidding me ?" My eyes widened in surprise , how can she even give me that kind of invite ... Honestly , I don't mind seeing her in pajama , or anything .. by a group of girls .. nope .. big nope ..." What kind of bizzar idea was that ... come on I'm a man ...I don't even fit in the gender category there ...  '''

"Exactly ... Same way I don't fit there ... Moreover , I totally embarassed myself infront of your sister yesterday .. I talked foolish , behaved like a total looney and above all, slept over her ... .. I better not go infront of her for a while atleast ...." She blushed in embarrassment ... Actually I agree .. it was a sight to see her going mad over nothing , and di too enjoyed it ... 

"She won't mind ... And trust me di or me , are no less ... We keep embarrassing each other ... And since you are a soon to be member , of our gang , it's nothing major ..." 

Suman sat on the empty bench with a thud , and fiddled with her fingers... " It's hard for me .....!" She murmured ...

I sat just beside her ... " Why ... It's just me , di and few friends ... And an over-friendly dinner .. that's it .. no big deal ...". 

"You are not getting it Shravan ..
I ... I have never been with anyone , as such in a relationship ... Moreover I'm not good with it ....!!" She said with her head hung low ...

"Suman ...." I took her hand and intervined our fingers ..." What is the real matter ... Please ! Don't give me this stupid excuses ...I want the real reason ....?;!"

After a pregnant pause , she took a deep breath ....'' you don't know me shravan ... I'm scared of myself ... I get attached too soon , with the smallest of affection .. I .. I don't know ... I mean .. yesterday , with your di ... "

"Our di ?" I corrected..

"Mm...  di... 
I like her... I feel like I'm getting involved in this too soon ... It scares me ... What is tomorrow something goes wrong and I might not be with you ... Shravan .. you don't know, what that can do to me .... I'm possessive ... I'll be obsessed with the one I love.... 
Why do you think I never had a relationship .. no boyfriend ever ... 
Or atleast a fling ...
Because I'm incapable of dealing with temporary things ... People ... They leave ... All the freaking time .. without even turning around once ... 
And , I can't deal with that ... .  When that proposal came for our marriage , I just had you in my mind .. but in a bigger picture there is a whole family ... What if they don't like me ...." she said the whole thing staring at her lap ,as if she is scared to see my reaction ....

And me ... For me it was my turn to have selective hearing ....
She fears to lose me .. the thought scares her , and strange enough , Im glad she does ... That means , she do harbour feelings for me , that too a strong one ... When she thinks about her future , I'm there in her mind... And the Fact that she opened up with me is a great thing ...

" Suman ... I it's too early to trust me like you fear of ... But there is always a first time ... 
I promise ... From now .. on your every single first time .. I'll be there with you .. "

She finally raised her head and our gaze met , she passed a warm smile ...

"So.. house party tomorrow night with OUR family.. , okay ??"

She chuckled at my enthusiasm ...." Okay.."

____________________________________

It takes one person to fill your world ... Suman is just that to me ... No matter how hard she tries to be mean , for a fact she can never me ... The girl who was scared till yesterday about meeting everyone , today showed up early to help out di .. 
Di on the other hand tried to engage suman in small tasks like decorating the salad but failed badly .. then Suman was the one juggling with the utensils and household things , giggling and laughing around .. di too was having fun at my expense.. all my childhood albums where out on display ....

With that , Suman ignored me completely , and both the girls where so much into eachother that they didn't hear the doorbell ..

Sighing , I went to open the door for the , to reveal the most annoying person of my little happy world ....

" HAY BIG Brother..." Pushkar yelled throwing his hands around me bending me down for a hug ...

................................................................................

Please Vote & Comment. Let the writer know what u feel about this one.

Thanks.