2|"he looks important"

| Beth |

1 year later

"Fucking ass clowns, I swear," I mumbled to myself as I sat alone at the table I was sitting at in our local coffee shop.

I picked up my phone again to check the time. 8:33 AM.

The Dolans and I were supposed to meet up at 8:00 before my first lecture for college at 9:00.

I opened up my phone and began to type in our group chat.

B: I stg take another sec longer and im spitting my coffee on both of you two

G: wait wait we're almost there

E: patience

I rolled my eyes and aggressively set my phone back down on the table I was sitting at.

A heavy sigh released from my chest and I slid my back down my chair and sipped on my coffee.

The shop was empty besides me and the two workers that were doing their job there.

Until, a boy stumbled in.

His hair was like blonde waves curling into each other, almost like giant circles. He had beautiful short blonde curly hair that flattered his light ivory skin.

He dressed himself in a grey Thrasher hoodie and black ripped jeans with red and white checkered vans.

I let my eyes squint slightly to focus on the color of his eyes.

They were the color of the ocean, his eyes flattered everything else about him perfectly.

"Your regular, Blake?" The worker there asked as he was already writing on his cup.

My brow raised.

"Yes sir!" The so called Blake chuckled revealing his pearl white smile.

Blake walked up to the front where the register is and sighed, "I'm in a bit of a rush today, buddy. My first lecture is at 9 today."

"Ah, your first day at college?" The barista asked grinning.

Blake nodded his head, "Yeah."

My eyes widened as I sipped my drink once I heard those words. What if he goes to the same college as me?

I couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"What are you trying to get started in?" The worker asked creating Blake's drink.

"Nursing," Blake replied confidently.

That's the exact same career I'm pursuing.

Once those words were spoken, I choked on my coffee and almost spit it out, and I let out a loud grunt.

Blake and the barista both glanced at me.

Blake and I finally built eye contact.

We held the contact for half a second then he looked back to the worker, but then slightly tilted his head to look at me again.

I glanced up at him one more time and noticed his eyes wondering around, exploring the view of me. But, he turned away once he knew I caught him.

He rested his hip on the front counter where the cash register is and distracted himself with his phone while he waited for his drink.

I raised my brow and continued to sip my coffee, but I hid my subtle grin with the cup.

A sudden urge of going to the bathroom struck me so I stood up from my seat and walked towards the bathroom, passing Blake.