Chapter 1

Delancie Fielding woke up to smoke filling her nose.
"Oh-No! I swear I turned the oven off!!" Delancie ran into the kitchen, reached over to turn the stove off, and winced as she accidentally burnt her hand thanks to her foster mom, Dame Aliva, shouting at her.
"DELANCIE NICOLE FIELDING!!" Dame Aliva screamed. " I TOLD YOU TO TURN OFF THE OVEN LAST NIGHT! NOW GO AND FETCH ME SOME GROCERIES!!"
Yeah, I'm NOT responding to that! Delancie thought, washing her hands off with cold water to relieve the burn.
7 years ago, when Delancie was 5 years old, her mom died of an unknown sickness. Her dad met another girl and remarried. Then her dad had to go off and work in the military and died in a war. Her other mom was stricken with grief and left her at a foster mom's home Dame Aliva's. So now Aliva is her foster mom.
"DELANCIE, NOW!" She yelled once more. Dame Alvia was a very strict, proper, lady in her mid 40's. She had slick brown hair that went past her shoulders, glasses, brown eyes, and you can slightly see her cheekbones.
Apparently I am! Delancie thought."I'm coming!" She yelled as she ran down stairs. Seriously, how does her throat not hurt from all that yelling? Delancie wondered.
Dame Aliva grabbed Delancie by the shoulders to stop her. "DELANCIE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO COME THE FIRST TIME I CALL! NOW GO FETCH THOSE GROCERIES!"
"OK!" And Delancie ran off. Almost tripping,as she tried to get on her bike. She glanced at her bracelet, remembering how she got it.
Delancie has no friends at school and often gets called "weird" or "strange". Delancie has felt lost ever since her mom and dad died. Whenever Delancie said "I can't do this", her mom would always say, "Never give up. You're very capable of doing that." Since Delancie improved (like actually try), her mom gave her a beautiful bracelet. She said, "This bracelet is very special, you must take care of it." So ever since, she kept her promise to never give up.

Once Delancie got to the grocery store, she parked her bike and grabbed a cart and slipped out the grocery list from her pocket. She started reading off of the list.
____________________________________________________________________
Cereal •Carrots
Bread •Sugar
Milk
Meat
Chips
Olives
She hurried up and down each and every one of the aisles, grabbing all of the supplies from the list.Carrots, Olives, Meat-
Her thoughts were inturupted as she slammed right into a boy.Delancie's bracelet that her mother gave to her fell off. He got up and held out his hand.
"Need help?" he asked.
"Sure.." Delancie mumbled, feeling her face burning red. "Sorry."
"It's fine." He replied pulling her up. "Oh-hey is this yours?" He asked as he reached down to pick up the bracelet.
Delancie acted quick. She let go of his hand, bent down even faster and picked up the bracelet before he could lay a finger on it. He stared at her with a confused expression plastered on his face.
She moved the hair that was covering her face away, brushing the dust off her jeans. She had finally got to see the boy's traits. He had blue eyes, and blonde yet brown hair. He was wearing a black hoodie, jeans, and black Nike tennis shoes. Delancie saw an odd shape in his pocket, but couldn't make out what it was.
"Um, yeah it's mine..." Delancie said, brushing off the last bit of dust off her jeans.
"No problem." He suddenly looked at her cautiously. "Wait.. are you.. Delancie?"
"Umm.. yeah, why?" She answered. She bit one of her fingernails - it was her nervous habit of her's.
"Then you need to come with me, now!" He grabbed her arm tight and ran outside. As they were headed for an alley, she saw a couple of bullies from her school riding her bike down the road.
She pulled her arm away immediately. She barely even knew this guy and he was already acting strange! What is he doing? Trying to kidnap her?
"What are you doing? I need to get home! Dame Aliva-my foster mom-will get upset!" She yelled, stomping her foot. "Some people got- no STOLE my bike already, I have to go get it!" She started running away.
He pulled out a crystal from his pocket and held it to the air. "C'est Teleporte," He mumbled. "We have to go, you have a destiny Delancie." He ran to her and grabbed her arm again, pulling her back to the alley. The crystal was floating. Floating crystal? What...?
"Wait let me go you crazy maniac, I barely know you and now you think you can help me?! I just fell, I didn't break my arm-" The crystal glowed and they both got sucked into a giant blue beam of light.
***
The beam of light gave her a warm comforting feeling. She held onto him and closed her eyes, she was scared she was gonna fall down into the pit of dark blue- slightly turning to a black- at the bottom. When all the blue light went away, Delancie opened her eyes and looked at her surroundings. She was in a very unique forest. She turned around to see the boy.
"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU AND WHERE ARE WE!!??" She screamed. She was so confused! Part of her wanted to run and the other to stay- partly because the beam of light was gone.
"Whoa, Delancie calm down! I'm Kenneth, and we're in Alteria." Kenneth calmly said, grabbing her shoulder. How can he be so relaxed? She thought. Her heart was beating faster than ever.
"How do I calm down!? I just got taken by a strange-no crazy boy with a magical crystal that took us to here, to whatever the heck Alteria is! And-" Kenneth quickly covered her mouth, cutting the rest of her sentence off.
"SHHHH!," he whispered. "Do you hear that?"
"No." She said as blandly as she could.
"Oh-No. It could be King Malar." He said, worried.
"Who the heck is King Malar?" she whispered in his ear, as they hid behind a tree.
"Oh my gosh! For the last time shush! Can't you be quiet for a minute?" Kenneth whisper-shouted.
Delancie looked over Kenneth and saw a large man, floating within two inches in the air, with a mask over his face, he had long smooth dark gray hair and predators surrounding him. But there was something wrong about the animals. They all had a faint color of dark purple smoke rising from them. Their eyes were deep pools of red, the red color of blood. She only could pick up the thirst of killing and blood in those eyes but deep down she could hear them whimpering. Screaming. Howling. Crying for help. She felt they needed her help.
"They need my help," Delancie whispered in Kenneth's ear. She felt like she was brainwashed but at the same time... right. "I need to help them.." She ran forward and King Malar slowly turned to face her. She was terrified. What have I done? She thought.
"And what do you think you think your doing little girl." King Malar said in a low, deep voice.
"Umm..." Her pupils had grown smaller and she was shaking. She turned and saw Kenneth behind the tree, mouthing the word, 'No!'
"You can't withstand me!" He narrowed his eyes. "Get out of my sight!" He held his hand out and a dark purple smoke orb shot out and hit her. She fell on the ground.
"Delancie! MOVE!" Kenneth said from behind the tree, but he was too late. Delancie had already fallen on the ground. King Malar noticed him. He held his hand out and another orb shot out.
Delancie saw what was going happen. She got up as quickly as she could and ran toward Kenneth and got in front of him and held her arms out. "Kenneth, get out of the way!"
"No."
"Go!"
Flames shot up from her right side of her body and Blue flames on the left side of her body. The ice and fire mixed together and magic shot out of her hands and shot at King Malar. He shot out his magic and they were having a duel. A magic duel. Delancie thought this was crazy! She had to be dreaming. Magic of fire and ice shooting out of her hands.
Yep. She thought. I have finally lost my marbles