Dreams Do Come True

Start from the beginning

Hank looked down at the girl who he thought of as a daughter since the day he took her in at fifteen. "We wouldn't have it any other way," He kissed her forehead. "Are you excited for your bachelorette party tomorrow?"

Erin slowly took a deep breathe. She was pregnant. She couldn't drink. "Yeah. The girls and I are just planning to stay in at home, though. Jax is staying with Carson tomorrow."

"Good. Are Jay and the boys going to Molly's?" Erin nodded. "Well, they'll have fun. I had a bachelor's party once, too, and I wouldn't want Camille's dad there, so me and Camille will be staying in." Hank did not want to hear or see what was going on at the bachelor's party.

"Hey, we got a lead!" Antonio made his presence known by knocking on the doorframe.

Hank nodded and looked back to Erin. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes," She looked over at him, an idea coming to mind. "I just wanted to let you know, Jay and I have a doctor's appointment at two," This earned an eyebrow raise from Hank. "Since we are leaving the country next week, we need to get a few shots so we don't catch anything. It should only take an hour. I'm hoping they aren't backed because of the flu vaccinations."

Hank nodded, believing her. His daughter was getting married next week. She was so grown up. "Sounds good to me, kid." He stood up and patted her back, guiding her out of his office. "Let's get this lead going, see what we got."

Erin followed his orders, taking a seat at the edge of her desk listening to his words as he pointed to the evidence board. "How reliable is this guy, Kev?"

The tip was from Kevin's CI, and this was his first one. "He's reliable. I promise. If he says that's where the heroin is, it's there. There has to be a lot, or else he wouldn't have came forward. These guys mean business. The chances are they are going to ship it to St. Louis, or Detroit. One of those two. There has been a lot of drug rings linking to the three cities." Kevin explained, completely confident in his CI. If he said there was drugs, there was.

"Let's suit up, then." Hank gruffly replied. The team nodded and parted ways, grabbing the necessary gear for the bust that was about to go down.

Erin and Jay followed out with the rest of the team, putting on all the necessary gear. "Jay," Erin pleaded as she motioned to her vest and stomach. He nodded and held the vest, securing it around her growing body.

He looked at his fiancé and the slightest hint of a baby bump was present. Not enough for anyone to notice waking by, but if they studied her features, it would be a no doubter. "Fit okay?" Erin nodded. "Stay behind me. I don't want you to get hurt." He commanded as they got onto the route, following Hank's black SUV ahead.

"I know, Jay," She sighed at his remark, but quickly giggled. "You're already getting your fatherly instincts." She couldn't stop smiling through her teeth. Jay had definitely been reading those books on newborns and parenting. He had become much more protective of his girl and their baby, along with Jaxton.

"I've had them since we adopted Jaxton." He winked at her, referencing back to their conversation last week. His eyes drifted from the road over to Erin, and his lips rolled up into a smile as he saw her hand resting on her stomach.

She is going to be a great mother.

Erin felt his gaze on her and she looked up and smiled softly. "Are you excited for the appointment today?"