Cheers to Milestones

Thank you all for the reviews! And now ChiHards have an official Facebook group!! I joined, so yay! Enjoy!

Rated M

"Was that the last load?" Jay walked into the living room, Kevin right behind him with another box from Jay's apartment.

"Yeah. I gave the keys to your landlord, and the place is empty." Hank entered the house, carrying one of Jay's pillows in his hand.

"Thanks Hank." Erin took the pillow from Hank's hand, and put it on top of the box Jay was balancing. "Jay, take this to the bedroom, please." She stood on her tip toes and kissed him on the cheek.

"I still don't understand what you see in him." Hank rolled his eyes, taking another donut from the box.

Erin sighed. "I love him Hank. And you said you accepted us, so there."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Hank took a seat across from Erin. "Are you sure you are ready for this? It hasn't even been two months." They were rushing into things in his opinion.

"Hank, you realize we have been partners for almost three years. We have a bond nobody can break. We love each other, and it took us a while to admit it." Erin wiled a smudge off of the desk. She could remember all of the close calls of them getting involved romantically, but she never allowed it.

December 2015

"It has been a good night." Erin and Jay clinked their beers.

Jay took a sip of his, nodding. "Agreed."

The two partners sat in silence, thinking about one thing-

Them. Together.

"How are you doing with the case? You okay?" Jay looked over to Erin who was in another dimension. Today's case had hit her hard.

A young girl, only fifteen had grown up with junkie parents, and soon ran away. She got caught up in the wrong crowd, and ended up in a human trafficking ring. What they did to her was gruesome, and when Erin and Jay had been the ones questioning her, Erin froze. Hank rushed her out of the room, Jay following behind.

The cold December air had made the house freezing cold, even though the heat was on. With only days before Christmas, the tree in Erin's apartment shined bright, multiple presents wrapped underneath it, waiting for their new owners they would meet in a few days.

Jay and Erin were cuddled up on the couch, watching "Christmas With the Kranks" They had started to make it a yearly tradition, both of them in love with the holiday season.

"I can't wait to get my own house." Erin spoke up, leaning her head on Jay's shoulder.

"Why?" He hoped he would share a house with her eventually.

Erin sat her wine down on the coffee table. "So I can hang lights up outside. Here, I can't do that. I want to be able to decorate the house top to bottom." Erin never had a Christmas before. Not until she moved in with Hank and Camille. There, she had her first Christmas, and she truly felt loved.

"Want some hot chocolate?" Erin stood up, plopping a k-cup into the Keurig.

"Sure." Jay slid his empty beer bottle along the coffee table, reclining back.

Once Erin returned with the hot chocolate- of course half milk and whip cream- he took it from her and sat up, resting it on the coffee table.