Testerone, Fire, and Earthquakes: A Band Touring Near You!

Start from the beginning

Kota hesitates, before nodding. "Yes," he agrees, and closes his forest green eyes, concentrating on pulling his power out. Slowly, and then all at once, his body turns into magma, heating rolling off of him.

"Good job, Kota," I say gently, my voice full of praise before I turn to the rest of the group. "Victor, Logan, watch his back." Everyone nods, and I take a deep breath before copying Silas' power, my body erupting into flames. Taking that as a signal, the boys run off to try and quell the fault line incarnate, while we run off to Silas.

Rogue stays a few feet back as I run over to the flaming man, curls of smoke drifting from the fake grass. "Silas," I called, and he half turns, a ball of fire clutched in his hands. His eyes go wide as he spots me, a mirror image of him, the fire falling to the ground. "My name is Sang Summers and I'm a mutant like you, and your friend over there." I jerk my head over towards where Nathan was being occupied and he followed my gaze, his fiery mouth turning a frown.

"You have powers like mine?" The words are spoken slowly and deliberately, like a scuba diver coming up from a hundred feet underwater. I see myself through his thoughts. He can see himself, his flames, reflected in my eyes, the only part of me that remained human and visible.

"Not exactly like yours," I admit, dousing my flames a little in hopes he would do. And he does, his flames dying down a little, as do his forest fire thoughts. But they're still there and I need to touch him. I feel the want and need singing in my veins, the purpose imprinted on every molecule in my body. But I need to talk him down a little more before I can do what I'm beginning to call 'the Big Calm'. "I can mimic," I say, allowing Logan's claws to appear out of my skin, made out of pure energy, but still powerful. "See?" I say, holding up hand for him to appraise, his fiery hand almost meeting mine.

But our moment is interrupted as Rogue screeches. "Move, Sang!" she screams, tackling me to the ground. My flames are doused as I look up and try and see what's going on. Nathan broke through the line, and charging Silas like a maniac.

Immediately, the inferno returns, and so does the burning forest fire that is his mind, along with need to protect what Silas sees as a frail girl- me. I can hear the pure rage and hatred that pour out of Nathan's mind, his need to compete, his need to win not quelle by his fight with the body doubles.

I need to stop this, I think, just as the voice inside of me repeats it, and I feel that stardust and hydrogen feeling boil up in me again, the feeling of magma leaking in my head, the feeling of a ember in my chest in place of my heart. I need to stop this.

I push Rogue off of me and leap up, moving faster than I ever have before in my life. I see the fireball that is Silas running towards the creature of the forest and fault lines that is Nathan, and I run towards the spot I know they're going to collide, and I hold up my hands, my arms sticking out like a scarecrow, my eyes squeezed tight in terror and the feeling of a star bursting in my head and the universe flowing through my veins and I feel them hit my hands.

"STOP!" I screech, but it doesn't sound like me. It sounds like the dying breath of a decaying star, the scream of a victorious eagle. I feel pure power rush out of me, the Big Calm more like the Big Stop, the two freight trains bouncing off me and flying away. But I touched them and that's all that matters.

When I open my eyes, I stand in a crater. I jump out of it before anyone can check on me, golden white flames rolling off of me. I run towards Nathan, who is the closest, his clothes steaming, but he's breathing, and he lets out a groan. I press a hand to his forehead, and he leans into it, his eyes fluttering open. "Am I dead? Is that why there's an angel standing in front of me?"

I let out a chuckle, feeling myself drawn into his bright blue eyes. "No, you're not dead. Just a mutant. I'm Sang Summers, and you, Nathan Griffin, are one of the reasons why I'm here in this swamp hell anyway." Nathan winces, and I stand up, offering him a hand. He gladly takes it, his eyes going wide at the destruction around him. "Partly from me, partly from you and your buddy Silas."

Nathan winces again, his cheeks going red as I try and find Silas. I see the Greek man laying the grass about fifteen feet away, and I rush towards him, Nathan following behind him. I kneel down next to him, shaking his shoulder, trying to wake him up. He groans, opening his eyes, and staring straight up.

"Are you okay?" I ask worriedly, my hand pressed against his arm. I suddenly feel woozy, the adrenaline that had been pumping through my blood evaporating, my power surge disappearing and once again I felt normal, old Sang.

"I'm better now that you're here, aggle mou," he rumbles, his beautiful dark eyes flickering to mine.

"Good," I say, a weak smile spreading across my face. "Because I think I'm going to pass out now."

AN: Hope you enjoyed it! Here's an aesthetic I made for Sang.