(3.22) Wishes

Começar do início

"Everyone smile!" Rebekah called out. Eden did so, plastering a large grin on her face and poking Haven at just the right moment so that as the camera clicked, a smile was on her small face. After it was taken, Klaus held it up for the group to see as it began to clear up.

It was a nice picture all in all. Standing in front was Klaus, ever stoic and unwilling to smile; next was Haven, who even though did not have her eyes on the camera, there was still a tiny grin gracing her pale face. Eden then saw herself next, grinning brightly into the camera and slightly regretting how big she had smiled. After her was Rebekah, whose smile was still so bright that Eden wondered how she didn't blind the camera. Next was Elijah, with a ghost of a smile to match his very obvious stressed out manner. Lastly, Jupiter stood on the end, a small but beautiful smile all the same on her face.

"I wish it could always be like this." Rebekah said ruefully, staring at the picture from over Klaus' shoulder.

"If wishes were horses..." Elijah began.

"Beggars would ride." Klaus finished before turning to the group. "You realize we'll have to burn it?" He asked them, and Eden's mood immediately deflated.

"You want me to make a wish for the family Rebekah, well I wish that it didn't have to be like this, but it does." He held the picture up to Eden. "We can't risk it falling into the wrong hands." He told her softly. Eden frowned, looking over at Jupiter, who shrugged her shoulders in agreement. So with a sigh, Eden took the picture from Klaus and turned around to face the bonfire. Hesitating slightly, Eden looked at the picture once more before throwing it into the flames. Pressing Haven to her, she turned on her heels and began to walk inside the house, she didn't much feel like burning anything else.

"I know it's hard." Jupiter said from behind Eden as she watched her friend play with her daughter quietly. Eden said nothing for a moment, almost so long that Jupiter began to worry. She walked around to the other side of the couch and took a seat.

"I don't feel right, planning the wedding without Jana being here to help me." Jupiter raised an eyebrow, opening her mouth to ask Eden what had caused her to completely redirect their conversation. Only, before Jupiter got the chance, Eden gave her a look that told her that she wanted to talk about anything than what had just occurred outside, and so the witch went along with her.

"We don't have to plan every detail today." Jupiter reminded her, "But I'm sure that Jana could live through not planning out what your centerpieces are going to look like." Eden gave her a small smile, thinking about what she would actually have to do in order to even begin planning a wedding. Though Eden supposed that picking out a wedding date would be a good place to start. But even planning a list of things to plan for her wedding seemed to be a crazy thing to do seeing as she had some many other things to worry about. At the thought of weddings, Eden was suddenly reminded of what she had discovered yesterday with Hayley.

"So Hayley wants to do a spell that would link our hearts together so that she could be a hybrid." Eden blurted suddenly, completely catching Jupiter off guard. The witch snapped her head toward Eden, opening her mouth to speak only to be interrupted by the sound of footsteps. Eden looked up to meet the gaze of her fiancée. He had an odd look on his face, only that Eden couldn't exactly place and as such, it put Eden on her guard.

"Eden, we need to talk to you." Rebekah requested quietly from behind Klaus. Eden honestly felt bad to say that she hadn't noticed her there. Eden looked down at Haven before giving a sigh of defeat.

"Will you hold her? I'm guessing I'm not going to like whatever they just planned." Jupiter gave Eden a small smile, reaching her arms out for Haven. The baby cooed happily and reached down for Jupiter, snugly cradling herself in Jupiter's arms.

"It's probably time for your bottle anyways." Jupiter murmured to the small child before standing off the couch and disappearing around the corner. When they were gone, Eden looked back to the two Mikaelsons.

"Why am I getting the sense that one of you is about to jump into a sacrificial volcano?" Eden asked them, crossing her arms together. The two were both quiet for a moment before Rebekah spoke up.

"I'm going to give Esther what she wants and take on a human body." Rebekah said. Eden raised an eyebrow, glancing at Klaus to see that he still had an unreadable expression on his face.

"I'm guessing that my fiancée and your brother failed to talk you out of this madness?" Eden asked quietly. Rebekah took a few steps forward so that she stood directly in front of Eden.

"Eden, I'm doing this so that we can finally rid ourselves of Esther. Klaus will meet whatever silly price Kol has asked for in order to gain his assistance and when the moment is right then I will strike." Rebekah's voice was calm, as though she were talking to a small child, but it did anything but quail Eden's concern.

"And if you get stuck in the body of a human?" Eden asked, a little annoyed with how unhinged the Mikaelsons were becoming lately.

"Then Klaus and Elijah will dump me back into my old body when I'm wrinkly and undesirable. Trust me, I'll be fine Eden." Eden gave her another skeptic look, and turned to Klaus.

"You've threatened to dagger her if she goes through with this, haven't you?" Eden asked him.

"Don't give him any ideas." Rebekah muttered with a roll of her eyes.

"Fine. " Eden grumbled. "But I'm going to kick your ass if you die or something." Rebekah smiled, pulling Eden into a hug. Eden hugged her back, squeezing the blonde to her for a long moment before finally pulling away.

"Be safe." Eden whispered to her, and then placed a small kiss on Rebekah's cheek.

"You come right back here after the spell." Eden demanded. Rebekah gave a slight hum of amusement before nodding her head and walking out the door. When it was just Klaus and Eden left, the brunette voiced her concern.

"Please don't let her go through with this." She begged, but Klaus could only shrugged, stepping forward so that he could pull Eden to him.

"Stay here, watch over the others and I will come back as soon as I can."  He promised her. Eden gave a small pout at the thought of him leaving, but let Klaus pull her in for a kiss. The kiss was quick; Eden felt his unease. When the two pulled apart, Eden pressed a hand to his cheek and Klaus pulled it away to kiss the inside of her palm. Without another word, he turned on his heels and left Eden standing in the doorway as he climbed inside the car. From the passenger seat, Rebekah waved at Eden. With a small wave back, Eden watched them pulled out of the driveway and down the road before disappearing.