Author's Note

Why hello there lovely readers. My name is Lorna and I am the writer of this book as you can probably tell.

I though that I should probably introduce myself considering I just started this fanfiction and never actually wrote any author's notes.

So yeah, as I said, I'm Lorna and this is my first published fanfiction. Obviously I was mildly terrified to publish this but I'm glad I did because I'm excited for this and how it will eventually turn out.

This is a malec fanfiction and for those who don't know (though I can only assume the readers of this would), malec is the ship name for Alec Lightwood and Magnus Bane, from the book series Shadowhunters the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. This also contains characters from the Infernal Devices, another series by Cassandra Clare.

The fanfiction is based on Beauty and the Beast but I have changed, and am planning to change, more than just the characters because I didn't want this to be exactly like the movie with just a name changes. So please don't be disappointed if it didn't follow something exactly in the movie, as I said, I wanted to mix it up a tad.

I hope you have very much so enjoyed the first four chapters of this fanfiction and will continue to enjoy the rest of it!

For now, it's a goodbye from moi,
Lorna xoxo

(also my dear friend, and I hope she knows that I'm talking about her, helped me with characterisation and a few ideas so thank youuuu to her)