"Derek? You're starting to worry me, are you alright?" Stiles asks after a couple minutes of noticing Derek's fingers trembling and his breathing too sort and quick for Stiles' liking.

"Just focus on the road, I'm fine." Derek responds in a wavering voice clearly not fine but what can Stiles do? Kate is coming after him and there's nothing Stiles can say that will make things better. He can't even comfort Derek right now because he's too fucking focused on the road trying to avoid hitting fences and trees as he heads in the direction of the forest.

"Derek it's- Shit!" Stiles shouts as a tree appears right in front of them. He slams on the breaks hard but it was too late as the front of the Jeep smashes into the tree. Glass going everywhere, metal being bent and the last thing he remembers is Derek calling his name weakly before everything turns black.

-

*meanwhile*

"In hindsight not all of us should have came in here at once in case it was a trap." Isaac comments looking around trying to think of a way out of this situation.

"Shut up, Lahey." Boyd responds dryly while trying to pull against the rope around his wrists with no luck.

"Chris, what are you doing?" The Sheriff whispers glancing over at the two men making sure they aren't listening.

"Growing up with a sister like Kate and father like Gerard I learnt to always be prepared for anything." Chris replies softly as he begins to cut the rope ever so slightly with the small knife he had up his sleeve.

"She's going to kill Derek..." Scott says softly looking at the ground, he can feel tears in his eyes but he doesn't care.

"Stiles is with Derek as well! Oh my God, is she gonna kill him too?" Lydia questions looking around at the others noticing nearly everyone has tears in their eyes, all of them knowing there's no hope.

"No. We will stop her before she can kill him or hurt either of them." The Sheriff states in a firm voice when one of Kate's men begins to laugh.

"Derek Hale is a dead man." The blonde haired man says and now it was Parrish who begins laughing.

"If you knew anything about Derek then you would know he doesn't give up easily, Derek will be fine." Parrish responds with a grin watching the man carefully.

"You guys must believe in miracles." The other man says leaning against the wall eyeing them all.

"No. We believe in Derek Hale." Chris responds hiding the knife up his sleeve as the men turn to face him. After a few minutes the men go back to leaning against the walls on their phones as Chris begins to cut the rope again. The others watch him carefully with a glimmer of hope in their eyes.

-

Everything's black. There's voices in the background somewhere talking but he can't understand what they're saying. Everything feels like it's spinning, which is a really odd feeling when he can't see anything. Is he dead? Is this what death feels like? Is Stiles dead? Wait... Stiles! The Christmas parade. Him and Stiles staying home. The Jeep. Driving away from the house because Kate was coming. The tree appearing out of nowhere. The pain. The darkness. It all comes flooding back to him in a flash.