"Please, you're the only one I've left," Tears ran down on both of her cheeks. "Please take me to your place. Or care to take me anywhere-just take me with you please."

"Baby," he took her hand and gave her a gentle squeeze. "You know I love you but... but this... well... I can't. But we can do this. We'll sort it all out together. Trust me. We just have to-"

"What? Wait?" She looked into his eyes for an answer. She found nothing. She grabbed her hand from his hold saying, "Is that your plan? You don't understand, do you? We can't do this on our own. Somehow we need our family's help. Mum and Dad knew about this already and they don't give a damn about me. About us! About their grandchild! But yours... well... wouldn't it best if we should tell your aunt about us? You can't keep hiding our secret from her. It's too big not to get noticed."

"God I told you before! We're not telling her! And we're not telling anyone! So just shut it please for fuck's sake. I'm doing what I can here too you know!"

She was taken aback. He sounded so frightening and different. Different from the sweet and loving kind she fell for. Tears pricked her eyes and she sobbed right in front of him. Right around everybody. Many customers began to stare.

He flinched, feeling the impact of their stare. He looked at her. She was trying to soften her sobs by clenching her teeth against her bottom lip. He felt sorry and he tried to hold her hand but she shook him away.

Sighing, he rose and putting his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket, he we went to her and leaned down to kiss her.

She looked at him with eyes full of questions.

He knew what those questions were and he couldn't give the answers she wanted to hear. He always had this confidence within him. The will. The courage to do things in his own way. Never in his life had he doubted himself. But this time, he was starting to.

He kissed her one more time. All he could say to her was, "Wait." And he got up on his feet and left while she didn't have the chance to say something.

She didn't mind the people. She rushed into the ladies' room and there she stayed, pouring down everything that she must get off her chest while thinking what steps she should take afterwards. When she had calmed herself at last, she slipped off from the diner. Outside the air felt so cold like the blossoms of summer were beginning to wither and die. She put her hands around her swelling belly and talked to the tiny one inside as she walked slowly, unsure where she should go. She asked herself what to do and she remembered what he had told her.

She had to wait.

_

"Lucy! Did you hear what I said?!"

"Huh?" Some tea spilled from the cup she was holding and it scalded her hand. It hurt her a little but it brought her back to reality. Lucy blinked three times as if she'd just woken up. "W-What did you say?" She asked her friend and she sat the cup down on the table.

Caroline drank up her tea and said, "I was suggesting that you and Julie could move in here. It would be easier for you, at least you wouldn't have to work hard to pay your monthly rent. Whadda you say? You can stay here for free besides, that gives me much more time to look after your baby girl!"

"I don't know what to say. That's so very kind of you," Lucy smiled. "But I think it's better this way. After all, you've been hospitable to me once and now you're helping me take care of Julie. That's enough for me."