Chapter 15: Outburst

The next day at school was horrible for Eamon. And he feels like it was only going to go downhill. He had no friends to talk to, not even Liam,  he barely even counted as a friend anymore.  And his parents at home were of no help either. They've been acting weirder than normal. Eamon's dad was always on the phone and watching the news, asking him to keep an eye out if he sees any wolves in this part of town.

But why? It was a small town, surrounded by a forest.  Surely anything can happen but wolves?

"Just be careful out there Eamon, there's been a lot of wolf sightings lately." His dad Greg gruffed out for the hundredth time. 

"Yeah sure." Eamon mumbled, his dad hardly pays attention to him and when he does it has something to be related to his job. And his mom is just simply nonexistent in his life. His dad was always on parole as an officer. Almost every day he would get a call about someone complaining about being attacked by a giant wolf.  He slammed the door shut on his way out,  feeling more frustrated than ever. He clenched his fists tightly and started walking the other way around. He wasn't going to go to school today. 

He kept his head down the entire time he walked, batting away his stupid red curls that always flew in front of his face. His crush Neil ignored him every time he tried to talk to him. And one time, when he did talk to him Neil just blurted out to stop talking to him, even after he confessed. He told him that he didn't like him in the way that he did and that Eamon just looked desperate to be fucked by chasing him around. Eamon was so hurt, that he ended up running away from him even when Neil tried calling him back to apologize. 

Neil started running towards him to catch up to him.  And he did.  

"Eamon!" 

"No, you listen to me you jerk!" Eamon gasped out hoarsely while his eyes were swollen red from the tears that fell down his face.

"You said what you wanted, now's my turn!" He looked shocked, he's never heard Eamon talk like that before. To him, he always thought that he was shy and that he didn't have much of a backbone. 

"I don't know what's crawled up your ass and died lately but I'm sorry if I'm not the perfect little Liam that confessed to you. I bet you would rather have him do it right?"

"Eamon..." He started, but Eamon shut him up by slapping him in the chest and letting out dry heaves.

"You're an idiot! I've liked you for years!" He cried out trying to stop himself from crying but it was too hard to fight all the pent-up emotions that he felt for the idiot that was now rolling out like a waterfall. Neil's face softened as guilt swam deep in those stupid doe eyes that Eamon liked so much.

"Way before your perfect little Liam came!" He screamed out in the empty hallways. Neil looked shocked at his outburst.

"And now that he's back with a boyfriend and you won't get your head stuck out of whatever ass it is in and realize that maybe you have a shot with someone that actually wants you!" Eamon gasped out feeling that it was suddenly hard to breathe.  He couldn't believe he was doing this.

"I don't know what I ever saw in you Neil." Eamon whispered finally as he forcibly took his hand out of his grasp and ran out of the hallway and school. He went straight to his house, slammed the door shut and was glad that his parents weren't ever home for once to hear him cry. He went up his room, thrashed it and cried so hard he was shocked that the neighbors didn't call the police.  It wasn't fair! Eamon just wanted somebody that would care about him. He didn't care who it was, he was just tired of being alone all the time. He started crying into his fist and watched as his knuckles turned red.  He considered calling Alec or Jace but why would they care? Eamon really had no one.  He couldn't breathe and just ended up crawling into his bed and sleeping his pain off without eating anything. Eamon gave up three years of his life for that selfish asshole Neil. And for what? Nothing.