(3) Flash Back

(A/N: I want to apologize in advance, I feel like I rushed this chapter to get it done in time. So please excuse any mistakes!)
---------------------------

(Izuku's POV)

~Flash Back~
It was a week day, and I was in 3rd grade. Everyone was sitting at their desks doing a worksheet that had just been passed out. I sat at a table with two other people. Once everyone was done, the lunch bell rang; signaling it was time for the students to make their way to the cafeteria. Our class formed a line at the door and Kacchan proudly walked up to the front of it. He was the line-leader this week. He led us down the hallways of the school, until we came across the doors that led to the cafeteria.

We all got our food and made our way to random seats at the tables, sprawled out around the room. I usually sat alone. So I looked over and found an empty table and went over to sit down and eat my lunch. When something suddenly caught my foot. I fell forward onto the ground and my lunch tray was now all over the floor. I lifted my head up to see what had happened when I heard laughter coming from my left. I sat up and turned my head to see Kacchan with his posey, all looking very amused. 

My eyes started to water, and I rubbed my head.

"Oh, dude look! You gave him a nose bleed!" One of his friends pointed out, as he looked at the blood dripping from my nose.

"Wow, you really are pathetic. Aren't you Deku?" Kacchan chuckled.

I was standing up when he suddenly lifted my up by the collar of my shirt. I looked at him through teary eyes, with a scared expression on my face.

'Ever since he got his quirk, he's changed..'

Suddenly everyone was beneath him.

"Where do you think you're going?" He spoke with venom lacing his words.
"I'm not done teaching you your place, yet!"

A punch was thrown and hit me squarely in my face. Furthering my already injured nose, while adding new bruises to my body. I landed a couple feet away, sliding into a table. I was shaking now. Kacchan started to walk back over to me, when out of nowhere, my wings spawned. I scrambled to my feet, and stretched them out to their full length (which is pretty long if I'm being honest). He looked at me slightly confused for just a split second, then laughed.

"You think those wings of yours are gonna save you?" He looked at me menacingly.
He then charged at me,  but I was already up in the air.

'This isn't good. What did I even do?!' I wiped away the tears, that were spilling from my eyes. I looked down just in time to see a bright flash of light. And then I felt immense pain over my right shoulder and a little bit of my chest.

'He fired an explosion at me! Don't know why I'm so surprised..'
that blast was enough to knock me down to the floor, seeing as I wasn't that high up anyways. I quickly got to my feet and started running. I was making a break for it. Not only was I hurt, but if this kept up in here for much longer, I'm sure others would be injured as well. Kacchan doesn't think about his surroundings when he's beating me up. His only focus is me..

"Where are you running to now Deku!?" He yelled to me.

I just kept running. We were out of the school, onto the sidewalk, crossing streets.

'He won't stop chasing me, will he?'

He was catching up to me, now. I was freaking out, adrenaline coursing through me. I've lost track of where we are, and how long we've been running. But this area doesn't look that familiar..

'Are we lost?!' Tears started to fall down my face, some mixing with the blood still dripping from my nose. I was shaking, not just from being scared, but because I was beaten up pretty good.

"Ahhh!" I heard Kacchan scream. I rapidly turned my head around to see what was going on, but I wasn't expecting this..!

'What the- is that my halo!?
It couldn't be.. why did it appear now? Why not earlier when all of this started? I'm so confused..'

It had hit the blonde boy in the head, knocking him down to the pavement. I started to run over to him to help him up, but my halo was now flying rapidly towards me! I ducked in the nick of time, but it continued past me. I looked to see where it was headed, but I didn't see it anymore.. just-

'is that a kid lying on the ground over there?!' My mind was racing, and clouded with fear. I don't know what's going on! Just then I heard a, what sounded like a man yelling from pain. I turned to see he was crouching on one knee holding his left arm. Which appeared to have blood trickling down.

I heard a bunch of the near-by people yelling out in agony. Saying saying that they heard a loud high pitch ringing.

'Why can't I hear anything?!' I was freaking out.
'What's happening!??'

My halo was flying around like an out of control boomerang! Striking everything in its path. I looked over at Kacchan to see he was looking at me with rage. There was blood dripping down from a cut, along his hairline.

'What do I do? What do I do? This is very bad! I don't know where I am, I've lost control of my quirk and now it's hurting others. I'm starting to get a little dizzy.. I thought I heard someone say that the heros are here, when out of no where something sharp hit my in the back of my neck. And everything went dark..

I had woken up in a strange place. My eyes fluttered open all the way, and I took in my surroundings.

'I'm in a hospital?'

Then all of the memories from what had happened, hit me like a train. Just a moment later a nurse came in, with my mom. She was crying all over me, saying how worried she was. And they then explained what had happened after I blacked out. Apparently, my halo kept flying about like crazy, continuing to hit people and objects, even after I had passed out.. and I guess it was a lot of people from the way they were talking..

'O-oh god.. what have I done..'

"We ran some tests and concluded that your quirk is quite unstable. At least part of it is; your wings seem to be fine.  It might tie in with your emotions, but we can't say for sure." The nurse spoke to both me and my mom.

"We're thinking that you loss control of your quirk, due to emotional stress or extremely high amounts of adrenaline. Again, we're not certain of this though."

After they had finished talking about all of that, they explained that I had to have stitches on my neck from where my halo hit me, and knocked me out. And they also took care of all the damage Kacchan did. They told me I had only been out for a couple of hours. And that I could go home later today. I was still sore, but I could manage. For now I just needed to rest. Or at least that's what the nurse said. But my mind was racing, trying to comprehend the events that had happened just hours earlier..

'I'm a monster..'

~Flash back over~

I awoke to an unfamiliar place. I looked around, trying to see if I could recognize anything. But to no avail. I did see that I was laying down in a hospital-like bed.

'That's strange. Where am I?'

I couldn't remember what had happened. But I had some bandages rapping around my head. And I had a pounding headache.

Suddenly I heard a door open..

(A/N: so so sorry for the late update! But my schedule has gotten a lot busier lately. And it looks like I'll have to start to updates every other week, rather than every week, like I had hoped.

None the less, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Thanks for reading, guys 💙