(2) The Past Is Rushing Back..

*Izuku's POV*
(picking up from where we left off)

"Damn.." I head All Might mutter under his breath.

I cocked my head and raised an eyebrow, wondering what that explosion was. I looked over at the Hero who was on the roof top with me, and I noticed that the sludge villain wasn't with him!

'That.. that explosion. Was it caused by the villain All Might captured?!'

"I gotta go, kid. Just knock on the door over there, someone will let you in eventually." He told me.

I was about to object when he leapt off the building, in the direction of the accident. I wasn't going to just sit around! I had to see what was going on. I had to make sure everyone was ok! I mean, if he hadn't stopped to check on me, then he probably wouldn't have lost the villain!

While I was picking up my backpack a large gust of wind came rolling through, and I lost my balance. I fell over the side of the building.

'Oh no! Not again!' I thought as adrenaline started to corse through me. I was free falling down the side of the building. Until I felt the, becoming familiar, sensation of my wings appearing! I started to glide until I was a little more in control with the direction and speed I was flying in. I turned around to go check out what the commotion was. You could still see a steady cloud of smoke coming up from the area.

I was beginning my decent, when my wings started acting up. Before I knew it, I was free falling one second, then back to gliding, another. As I was getting closer to the scene, I felt my wings give out one last time, and I seen the ground coming up to meet me. I closed my eyes and prayed for my wings to come back, and at the very last second they reappeared. But i was already too close to the ground for them to do anything except soften the impact. 

I looked up and rubbed my pounding head, when my hand came across an unfamiliar object. I grabbed it only to be put in a momentary shock.

'My halo!?' I thought as I stood up, raising an eyebrow.
'Why did it appear now?'

Ever since I developed my quirk, my halo has only shown itself a handful of times. And whenever I tried to think up a pattern of why my halo only appears when it does,  it never made since. It's like it just pops in at random.

After I snap back to reality I look in front of me, to see the sludge villain a couple yards away. And it looks like they took someone captive!

'Where's All Might?' I though to myself as I looked around to try and spot him. But to no avail.

'Surely he got here before I did.'

I took another glance at the monster in front of me, and seen that they had captured none other than
'Kacchan! Oh no, this is bad! None of the pros here have the right quirk for this job.' But before I could process anything, I was running in, past all the flames and debris.

'Why am I running in!?'

'What could I do?'

'What SHOULD i do?!'

Questions were passing through my head left and right, but I didn't have time to think about that right now!

"Deku!? What the hell are you doing!?" Kacchan yelled at me, as I reached him and the villain who took him captive.
All I could do was glance at him, with a look of fear and determination.

I was trying to dig through the monster, but it wasn't working. I started to panic, I didn't really think this through. I dodged an attack by flapping my wings and getting me to hover a couple feet off the ground for a second. When I landed, he had managed to grab a hold of me. My eyes widened and sweat rolled down my forehead. In my fear-fogged state of mind, I did the only thing I could think of.. I threw the closeted object, at him.

Which happened to be my halo.

I didn't even have time to think about what I had just done, when I heard a scream come from the villain. The appendage that was holding me dropped to the ground in a puddle, before recollecting back into him. I fell to the ground, and my halo came back around to the top of my head.

'D-did I just use my halo..' my face turned pale. I swore to never use it like that again, not after what happened oh so many years ago..

"You damn kid! You'll pay for that!" He threatened me.

My pulse was racing. As I looked towards Kacchan, he looked at me with a mixture of shock and anger. Tears started to form In the corners of my eyes, as I staggered back to my feet.

'I don't know how to help him, I don't know what I should do!'

But before I could do anything, I heard screams from the crowd. I frantically turn around to see what was happening. Almost everyone who was at the front of the crowd, by the police tape, was yelling out in pain. Including some of the police men and hero's who were standing near by. I seen a little bit of blood trickle from some of their ears. My eyes widened, out of terror and shock. The affected people were saying they heard a loud, high pitch frequency.

I slowly backed away, knowing all too well what was happening. The villain started to screech as well as Kacchan, though his was more muffled.

My halo suddenly started to vibrate and bounce around, progressively getting more out of control. I knew what was going to happen next, so before anything could happen I spread my wings and took to the sky. 

'I need to put distance between me and all of those people down there!' I worriedly thought to myself as I kept on flying higher. I only stopped when my halo mysteriously disappeared. I didn't know how high up I was, but when I looked down the people were only specs on the ground. I let out a sigh of relief and closed my eyes, trying to calm down. But suddenly my stomach dropped and the wind around me started to blow my hair upwards. I opened my eyes to see a sight that's becoming uncomfortably familiar. I was falling out of the sky for what felt like the 50th time today.

'Are you kidding me, right now!!?'

Fear and anger were boiling up inside my stomach, as I watched the earth get closer and closer. I'm surprised that I'm even able to breath, much less hyperventilate.

'If I can just focus.. my wings should come back!' I helplessly thought.

Out of no where, the air got knocked out of my lungs. I tried to regain my breath, and senses, when I realized that All Might had caught me! But.. he was bringing me back down!

'No, this Isn't good! I need to get away from everyone!'

"Aghh! What is that noise?!" All Might questioned out loud, through gritted teeth.
"You hear it too, don't you?" He asked me.

I shook my head. I can't hear it, but I know damn well what he's talking about.. I decided to try to stop this one last time. I started shuffling in the hero's grip, and pushed away from him.

"What're you doing kid?" He spoke, while trying to regain his grip on me. It took a second of struggling, but I was finally able to break free. And you all probably guessed what happened next.. yep, I'm falling out of the sky. Like a fallen angel crashing into earth from the heavens above.

'I don't like how the outcome of this is looking, but it's the only thing I could think of to save the people down there. Save them from myself..'

I was almost enterally screaming at my wings to reappear. Tears were starting to fill my eyes, and blind my version. My halo showed itself again, and was starting back up as I got closer to the ground. Only this time I actually started to fly away and bounce around crazily. Like and out of control boomerang. And I could only hope for the best...

I then hit the ground with a hard impact. All I seen was blackness, before my consciousness slipped out from under me..

(A/N:
I'd like to apologize for two things:
1) I had to cut this chapter short because I ran out of time. (I'm still trying to do weekly updates)

2) I felt like him falling out of the sky, was way too repetitive. Sorry about that!

Other than that stuff, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! And happy new year!🎉

Until next time✌️
1,507 words