(ORIGINAL) Percico AU

All the books that I had so carefully gathered at the library were knocked to the floor. "Watch it, di Angelo," Brick snarled. I stared up at him, wishing so bad I could slap him in the face, but of course, I'll only get it worse. Brick and his collection of uglies laughed and walked away.

I sighed and started to pile the books up to carry. Then someone kicked the stack. I glared up in frustration, not even caring if it was my best friend, Jason. Instead, I saw a pair of sea green eyes stare down at me. They didn't look... threatening, really. Just a little surprised.

Slightly entranced by the ocean eyes, I immediately came back to my senses when I saw the guy bend down and gather up the books that had fallen from the stack. He handed them to me, a cute little leather glove-type thing covering his palms, but left his tan fingers move about freely. "Sorry 'bout that." After handing the books to me, he picked up the stack, his muscles flexing. The only reason I noticed was because the sleeves to his black v-neck were torn off, revealing perfectly sculpted arms. He peered over the stack and glanced at me. "Dude, how could you carry this?" he asked, his face already turning red from the weight of the books.

I shrug. "Somehow, I manage." I grabbed the top half of the stack, leaving him with only ten or so to carry, while I carried about fifteen. "I can take the rest now. Thanks for your help, though."

He shook his head, wavy black hair shimmering in the crappy light of the school. I caught sight of something glinting off his ears. Piercings. "Nah. I'll help you. Where's your car?" he asked me, starting to walk to the door. I followed after him, blushing a little. I did't have a car.

"I, uh, walk home."

The guy looked down at me, raising an eyebrow. "I'll give you a ride, then."

"You really don't have to-" But he was already walking to a beat-up black pick up truck. "Okay...." I followed after him, shifting the books in my arms to adjust my glasses. He looked at me expectantly as he stood by his car. His stack of books was already in the back seat. I blushed a little at his intense gaze and put my stack on top of his. He was about to shut the door when I stopped him. "Uh, you might want to strap them in..."

I trailed off when I saw the look he was giving me. "What are they? Babies?" I adjusted my glasses again, feeling more than a bit flustered. This guy I didn't even know was criticizing me just because I wanted to strap my books in.

"Believe me when I say I know from experience; never drive in a car without your books strapped in, unless you would like a book to learn how to fly and hit you in the face." Ha ha. That had actually happened to Jason. The guy smirked a little and buckled the books in.

~

The ride to my house was filled with a pleasant type of silence. I couldn't really stop myself from staring at this mystery guy. Of course, I'd seen him around the halls, but I'd never really payed that much attention to him. He just seemed to be like any other punk guy that roamed school grounds.

As we drove up to my driveway, he scratched the back of his neck. "I'm Percy, by the way. Percy Jackson."

I unbuckled my seat belt, suddenly intrigued. He probably wouldn't have offered me his name if he hadn't had the intention of talking again. "Nico. Nico di Angelo." I got my books out from the back and went to the front door, carefully unlocking it and staggering in. I watched through the window as Percy's car drove away. Only one question swam through my mind. Why?

Ok, sorry it's short. Oh well. So I tried my attempt at making Nerdy!Nico and Punk!Percy. Other people that I plan will have personality switches would probably Jason (Jock!Jason), Annabeth (Girly!Annabeth), and Leo (Steampunk!Leo). So yeah. I'm currently torturing myself because I have Bloody Secrets, The Dorky Sea Prince, and a story that I don't post online to write. Not to mention another fanfic I plan on writing with Percabeth. It's going to be an au, just like this one, only personalities are the same. And Percy works in a bookstore where Annabeth is a regular. (she doesn't even buy anything; she pretty much sits there all day reading a book until she finishes then moving on to the next). Okay. Let's just leave the rest to when I actually write it.

Until next time!!!

~awkwardnarturtle