"She always wins at this!" Eevee told him.

"Well, I did try to teach you how to play but you chickened out before you could even hit the ball!" She grinned, balancing the soccer ball on her feet.

"It's hard to learn if you're always being so competitive, Purin." Eevee shook her head, exhaling.

"Competition is what makes a game great!" Purin exclaimed.

"I like competition!" Pikachu jumped in front of her. "When it's about battling!" he said in a challenging voice.

She scoffed, "Battling? Nah, not my thing."

Pikachu sweat-dropped. "...Then what should we do?"

"I also like singing," Purin said simply.

"Oh, no." Eevee flinched. "C'mon, let's get out of here before it too late!" she shouted before bolting off.

"What? Why?" he asked confused, but Eevee immediately dragged him off.

Now all alone, the Jigglypuff said, "Hmph! Nobody can recognize good talent!"

...
"

There's still a lot you have to see, Pikachu! As you could see with Purin, the camp's not only filled with Eevees after all!" She chirped happily. "Like, for example..."

They heard loud munching nearby.

"A Teddiursa?" Pikachu tilted his head, surprised

"Yup! A gluttonous one at that!" Eevee chuckled as they saw him stuffing his mouth with honey, horrifying the Combee.

"Hey, Teddy!" she called as she walked towards him, "Did your mom drop you off today?"

"Yeah!" his babyish voice said, "She's on a hunting trip! She said you better look after me or she'll wreck all of ya!"

He giggled. Teddy noticed Pikachu. "Who's that, Eevee?"

"He's my f-friend..." She stuttered a little at the last part. "His name's Pikachu!"

"Nice!" Teddy answered, already liking him.

...

"Now, who lives here?" Pikachu asked as they reached a lake.

"She's a Squirtle!" Eevee chirped. Glancing at Pikachu she began to explain. "Her name is一"

"Cannonball!" someone yelled before a dozen tides of water splashed everywhere.

"Zeni

"Zeni..."

They both were now soaked in water. "Oops! Sorry, Eevs! And... who's that?" she asked, curiously tilting her head to the side.

"I'm Pikachu... nice to meet ya," he explained, friendly as natural.

"Pikachu?" she chortled. "Cute. I'm Zeni, though I think Eevee already told you. This is my lake, but everyone's welcome." She smiled widely.

Pikachu smiled, too: everyone seemed so nice and interesting so far... maybe Eevee wouldn't be so bad without him... she did have a lot of awesome Pokémon around...

"Huh...? Dude, you there?" Zeni snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Y-yeah!" he quickly confirmed.

"Then let's have some fun!" She jumped and splashed the two again.

"Yay!" Eevee cheered. Just then, Purin and Teddy appeared.

"You wanna swim, too?" Zeni offered, turning around at her other friends.

"I'm not exactly a fan of water... but why not?" Purin answered, shrugging.

Teddy waddled towards the water, holding a stack of berries in one of his paws. "If I drown, my Momma's gonna wreck you!" he repeated playfully.

Soon they were all enjoying themselves in the water. Pikachu had never had so much fun in his life. No annoying trainers, just him and other Pokémon. It felt like old times again.

"You know? I wouldn't mind being a wild Pokémon again... it's not like Ash would miss me anyway," he thought, "I might as well call this... home."

-
Please remember to hit the little star if you enjoy! 🌟