forty-one

"Are you sure you have everything" asks Daniel looking at his girlfriend before they exit his bedroom. Smiling she nodded. "Yeah I'm ready" mumbles the girl holding her backpack and suitcase. They walk down the stairs meeting Daniel's parents and siblings. Amaya puts her luggage down hugging his brothers parents and lastly Anna who didn't plan on letting go.

"I'll miss you" smiles the blond slowly letting go of Amaya who's smile was wide. "I'll hit you up at least once a day" says Amaya walking back to her boyfriend who was patiently waiting for them to let go. "Yeah see you guys in a week" mumbles Daniel walking into his car after he kept his and Amaya's luggage in the car booth.

He turns on the engine driving to the airport. Through the entire ride they didn't exchange a word lost in their thoughts. Once the couple arrived at the airport they grab their things. Amaya's flight was the first one to border in an hour. Silently she went through security check.
"When's your flight?" she asks Daniel.
"An hour and a half" says the boy looking at his watch smiling.

"I'm hungry can we get some food?" asks Amaya looking up meeting Daniel's eyes. Chuckling he nods lacing their hand while they walk into McDonald's that wasn't too far. While Daniel ordered Amaya phoned Manuel reminding the boy that she would be there in three hours and he should buy her food.

"Here" says Daniel handing her a milkshake and a cheeseburger. Thanking him she bit into her burger smiling at her boyfriend. "I've never seen someone this happy" mumbles the boy laughing at her hunger. "Let me live Daniel" replies Amaya pushing him with all her strength but frowned as the boy stayed still laughing at her failed attempt.

"Your flight is boarding in twenty drink up we have to get you to your gate" informs Daniel looking into her dark brown eyes. "You're not my dad" answered Amaya. "Trust me I'll be in some years" says Daniel with a smirk. Choking on her milkshake Amaya turned into a deep shade of red. "Let's go or I'll do something I'll regret" says Amaya biting her lip in embarrassment.

Laughing Daniel follows her out leading her to the last gate he was allowed to walk up to. Wrapping his arms around Amaya's waist he presses his lips on her own. "Amaya" mumbles the boy pulling back. "What?" she asks looking into his eyes. "You know I'm not stupid" starts the boy. "Excuse me?" she raises her eyebrow.

"Freckles I know you stole my hoodies" says Daniel leaning in again caressing her cheeks with his thumb. He pecks her lips smiling but little did they know that this was one of their last kiss as a couple.

********

It was 9pm and the girl was standing outside waiting for her friend who pulls up seconds later with food. Smiling he takes her luggage while the girl seats on the passenger side biting into her spinach pizza "I missed you"says the girl taking another bite receiving a worried glance from her mijo.

"Take me home" says the girl turning the radio up as she hears Khalid singing.
"Yeah I missed you too" says the boy starting the car. Thirty minutes later the boy helps her carry the luggage into her room. "Where should I keep it?" asks Manuel. "Just keep it on the floor I have to go to the bathroom" she walks out of the room opening the bathroom door but stops once she sees an unfamiliar but handsome face.

"Hot" mumbles the girl looking at him. "Hey I'm Uriah you must be Adaya" laughs the boy shaking her hand very politely. "Amaya only mom calls me Adaya who are you?" blushes the girl leaning against the door frame making the boy chuckle lightly. "I'm staying here but your mom will explain" says the boy shutting the door in front of her face and locking it afterwards.

"Rude" mumbles the girl stepping back. "Who were you talking to?" asks Manuel. "I'm not sure if I know this person" says the girl looking straight ahead facing the door. "Mija get some rest and hide those hickeys"