Chapter 6

Above is a picture of Kane and Aspen. Yes, I know it is Katelyn. She is portraying Aspen in this story. As always I do not own the rights to any pictures, or music videos used.

2 weeks later

Aspen Hayes POV

It had been two weeks since i got my record deal. I was already recording my first duet. Of course, it was with Kane. The song was called What ifs. We were currently going to be preforming it on one of Kane's tour stops to promote it. I was nervous. I have never preformed infront of this many people. The producers were making sure everthung worked for sound check.

"Okay from the top, Kane make sure you make contact with Aspen." His manager said.

The music started and he started singing. I watched intensly as he sang every word. My part came up and he bent town to my height as we sang.

What if the sky fallas (Sky Falls)
Or the sun stops burnin' ?
We could worry about them what ifs til the world stops turnin'
Or I could kiss you (You Should Kiss Me)
What if you like it? (Bet I'd Like It)
Well we ain't never going to know unless we try it.....

As i sang the part he leaned down and kissed me. The we did the chorus. After we finished the song. He gave me a hug and kiss.

"Okay you guys go get some rest." His manager said.

He wheeled me off stage and we went back to his bus. The only thing i hate about this is the fact that his bus has stairs. I didn't expect him to redo his bus like Hunter had did.

"Here come on." He said lifting me out my chair.

He brought me and sat me on ghe sofa in the bus. He wemt back out to get my chair.

"Thank you." I said.

"Your welcome." He said sitting beside me.

He put his arm around me and we just sat there for a while. I eventually fell asleep in his lap. I woke up to this shocking pain in my lower back.

"Owww!" I yelled.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"It hurts." I said.

"What hurts? Aspen whats wrong?" He asked franrically.

"Its a shocking pain in my back." I said.

"Come on we have to get you to the hospital." He said lifting me.

"Owwwwww!" I screamed.

"I know baby, just hold on." He said as he got me to his rental car.

He sped down the road to the hospital. Once we had gotten there. He rushed me in.

"Help!" He said.

"Sir, whats the problem?" The nirse asked.

"My girlfriend is paralyzed from the waist down. She is having shocking pains in her lower back." He said.

"Okay come this way." She said.

Kane set me on the hospital bed. This pain was getting worse.

"Kane! It hurts." I said crying.

"I know, they are going to figure it out." He said holding my hand.

"Okay Aspen, we are going to take you for an MRI and Cat Scan." The nurse said wheeling me out the room.

Kane Brown's POV

I sat there waiting on the doctors to get back with Aspen. I had called Hunter and everybody to tell them what had happened. They were on the way. I was scared out of my mind. What if I did something when I lifted her up. What if I pushed her to hard for physical therapy. I love her more than anything in this world. I can't lose her.

"Kane!" Hunter said coming in followed by Libby and his parents.

"She is in CT." I said.

"What happened?" Libby asked.

"She was laying on my lap. Taking a nap and all of a sudden she woke up with the pain." I said.

"Okay, so we hsve done a few test. Aspen has bone fragments pusing into her spinal cord. Has she been doing physical therapy?" The doctor asked.

"Yes, she started a month ago. Is that what caused this?" Hunter asked.

"Her bones are fragil from mot being used. The standing up broke a bone in her back." He said.

"But why did all of a sudden she feel the shocking. She hasnt had freling down there in 3 years." Her mom asked.

"From her doing the physical therapy. It is recovering her spinal cord functuon. Meaning blood is starting to flow to that part the cord again. So like if any of you suffered a spinal injury you would feel it like she is." He explained.

"Does she need surgery?" I asked.

"Yes." He said.

"Is there a chance of her walking acter surgery?" Libby asked.

"No, she needs to continue therapy." He said.

"Thank you doctor." Her dad said.

"I did this." I said.

"No, you didn't this is just something no one knew would happen." Hunter said.

"You can see her before she goes in if you like." The nurse said.

We walked intoa hospital room and she was on her side clunching the bed.

"Aspen." I said leaning beside her.

"Hey." She said still smiling.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too. Don't worry about me i'll be back." She said.

Those were the last words I ever heard her say......

TBC

Hope you enjoyed Chapter 6. Remember to Vote comment and share. I welcome feedback and ideas.

Edited 01/14/18