Talia took out a new book from her bag. "This is what you're going to work in when I tutor you."

"Why a new book?"

"Because this one is only for our eyes and to make sure, I'll keep it. Try the first question and remember the rules."

He took out a pencil and concentrated on the first question. Talia noticed that he'd loosened his school tie again and was rubbing his chest.

"How's that?" he asked.

"Correct and you did that in less than two minutes. Try the next one."

He smiled and started on the next one, still rubbing his chest every few seconds. He kept swallowing.

"Nicolai, is your chest hurting you?" she asked.

"It's fine."

She watched him for a few more minutes then stood. "Leave the book and come with me," she said.

He looked confused but did as he was told. She led him down the corridor and to the nurse's station.

"I told you I was fine," he said.

Her shoes squeaked on the tiles but Nicolai's didn't. She could barely even hear his footsteps. She should find out what brand they were. She hated squeaky shoes.

"I don't like it when people lie to me," Talia said. She took out a key and put it in the lock.

"Why do you have the key to the nurse's room?"

"I sometimes help out in the mornings when I'm not tutoring. Not that I need it. I can open it without the key."

"You can pick locks?" Nicolai asked.

"Nothing quite so technical." She opened the door and went inside.

"What about the security cameras? Wouldn't someone think it's strange we're in here so early?"

Talia looked at his face. "What security cameras? Those are fake." He tried to look surprised but he couldn't hide the amused twinkle in his eyes. He already knew the cameras didn't work. Strange. That wasn't exactly something a lot of people noticed.

She opened the fridge and took out an icepack.

"Take off your shirt," she said.

"I'm not undressing for you in a closed room," he said. "I'm pretty sure that's illegal."

"Sorry Nicolai. You're not my type and since we're both minors I don't think it is. Now take it off."

"I can do it myself."

"Just like you can take care of it yourself, but didn't. I'm not a fool Nicolai. Take it off."

He didn't move for a moment then took off his tie. "If anyone asks, I objected and was forced to do that at knifepoint."

Talia rolled her eyes. "The nurses won't even reach for another two hours."

"What happens if someone gets sick on dorm?"

"There are different nurses there. Now take it off."

Nicolai unbuttoned his shirt and crossed his arms. "This is as far as I'm going."

"Just sit and move your arms so I can see."

Nicolai turned his head and lowered his arms. The bruise went from his left side, across the center of his chest and to his upper chest in one long, purple and yellow line.

"How did you get this?" she asked.

"I fell."

"Do you really expect me to believe that?"