Chapter 45

Claire's P.O.V.

I took out the Neol Wand, the Crystal and Lotus, and combined the three items with my brooch, whatever I'm doing, I hope it's gonna work.  I twirled the Neol wand around and around.  Why aren't the items I just put on it falling off?  Anyways, it gained a lot of speed, and then finally... I spoke.

"NEOL... DEFENSE... BEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  And then, out of the center of the spinning wand came a powerful beam.  It went straight towards Chrysta.  I felt really warm inside... why?  It felt as if my whole family were there with me, helping me out...

The beam was beautiful.  It went in swirls and struck Chrysta hard.  But when it was gone... she had vanished...

The others came into the room... and Max came out from the vents...

"Claire!" they all shouted, running up to me... everything began switching between blurry and clear... I couldn't hear any more of what they said.  And then...

...

...

...everything went black...

Max's P.O.V.

We all ran up to Claire.  Of course, I transformed back into normal Max before doing so.

"Maxy!" Serenity shouted, hugging me.  Now's definitely not the time for hugging.  We needed to make sure Claire was okay.

"Claire!" I began. "Are you okay?"  No response.  I tried again.

"Claire!!!"  Still no response.  Is she okay?  Can she not hear what I'm saying?  Then, three things happened at once.  Her brooch shattered, she de-transformed, and she passed out.

"Claire!!!" we all shouted.  What happened to her?  Did Chrysta actually hurt her?!

X's P.O.V.

"So, how'd it go? Using MY strategy?" I asked when she returned.

"Dead of night, caught two in one go. In the morning, failed Mugen Takeover," Chrysta replied. "But that was YOUR FAILURE of a strategy. My strategy, find out who they REALLY are. My first attempt, capture and frame a scout."

"Wow..." I began. "You... uh... planned out your whole run... haven't you?"

"Yup.  Chrysta sure did."  WHY DOES SHE ALWAYS DO THAT?!?!

"C-could I come along?" Our stuttering third captain asked.

"No," Chrysta responded.

"Aww..." he said, very disappointed.  By the way, that's Larry. He's... uh... the youngest and the smallest of us Dark Knights. Let's just say, he needs training.  I think he might be scared of Chrysta...

"...b-b-but Crysta..."

"Goodbye."  And then she left again.

"See, Larry?" I say. "I'm not kidding when I say she's serious..."

"...AWW..."

"But," I begin again.  He looks up at me hopefully.  "You CAN do some research undercover.  I asked the boss for you and got you the permission you needed."

"YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSS!!!!" Larry rejoiced.

"Got any plans?" I asked.  He nodded.

"I'll pretend to be..." he began, quickly drumming his fingers on the wall. "...A STUDENT AT JUBAN HIGH SCHOOL!!!"  As those words came out of his mouth, he transformed into a student. At least he looks the part... but can he act it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think happened to Claire?  Will Chrysta succeed with her strategy?  Will Larry fool the Special Senshi and succeed in his research?  All will be revealed soon!!!