They slowly made their way through letter's, memos and notes.

"So, she was going to leave him. It doesn't look like it was passed onto his colleagues." Al read aloud.

"I bet he told Senior though, that's why the original investigation this never came up. It's also a great reason to kill. All the money was hers. If she divorced him he wouldn't have had any of it." Gibbs growled.

Carrie laughed. "It seems as Mr Hall didn't completely trust Senior. All their correspondence, including notes on how to 'deal' with Mrs DiNozzo, thank god for those anal personalities." She looked over at Gibbs. "Do you think Ducky would take a look, there might be something that's been missed? I wouldn't be surprised if he'd bribed others."

"Ducky cares for Tony, he would be happy to help."

"We'll get information on who performed the autopsy. Then we'll go and have a chat." Al looked at the other two. He hoped it would end in the conviction of Tony's father.

XXXXX

Tony stood out in Gibbs' backyard and gazed out into the darkness. A pair of tanned muscular arms wrapped around his waist. He leaned back into the embrace.

"It's been a rollercoaster ride Jethro."

"It certainly has, there are things I regret, but I'm glad where we ended up." He placed a kiss on Tony's neck.

"Me too, I also have Carrie back in my life. I made a new friend in Al and I've got you. Oh Ziva and my father are in prison. The case came together the evidence from Hall, the doctor admitting that he'd been bribed to lie about the autopsy, and the pills he received from another 'friend'. They all gave him up to get better deals."

"I'm sorry about your mother. She tried to get you away from him."

"It still surprises me at what people will do for money." Tony turned around. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'm glad that Vance is cool with us. I wouldn't want to be split up because of this."

"I'd retire before either of us was moved. As long as we keep things professional and there's nothing to pull us up on. I think that's why Leon gave us some time off, and that you needed a break with the never ending shocks you received."

"Ah, the honeymoon period."

"He also wants to stay on our good sides." Gibbs laughed at the confused look that was sent his way. "We have to build a new team and train them while still working on cases. It's going to be a nightmare. By the way don't get use to this, me talking about my feelings."

"I wouldn't dream of it."

XXXXX

Carrie joined Tony at the café they decided to meet up at.

"I'm so grateful that day you walked into our offices."

"I'm glad too. I can't get over how long you managed to deal with that crap and let's not get into the whole unresolved sexual tension."

"Me, what about you and Al?"

"It's not the same thing; we've got a long history. We were together, but not being able to let go of my sister's murder drove us apart."

"It looks like your both on the same page now, maybe it's worth taking the risk."

"Carrie, we've got to go." Al called from the door. He'd been standing there chatting to Gibbs.

"You'd better keep in touch, don't make me hunt down that fine ass of yours, DiNozzo."

"It might be worth the chase Well's. I think I could evade you."

"I wouldn't bet on it." They stood and hugged. "Jethro better take care of you."

"Same goes with Al."

The four of them walked into the sunlight and separated off into pairs.

"How about a movie?" Gibbs asked as they walked.

"You want to go to a movie, with me? Be still my heart." Tony batted his eyelashes.

"Don't make me regret getting involved with you." The two men just laughed,

XXXXX

Carrie pulled open her car do. Al turned her around and kissed her.

"Al." She mumbled against his lip.

"I never got over you, we belong together. I'll be by your side every step of the way. We won't give up on finding out who murdered your sister."

She stared at him for a moment. "Are you sure? You did take the case from me. I...can't go through that again. I don't want to have to choose between you and her killer, again."

"I promise I won't do it again. This case with Tony showed me there's always a chance to close a cold case. We'll work on it together."

"Okay, but if you–."

"Shut up Carrie." Al pulled her back into another kiss.

XXXXX

On Gibbs' desk sat two files:

Ellie Bishop

Ned Dorneget.

The End