And You Are..?

chapter twenty two
wednesday, november 24
jaelyn pov.

i glanced at the unfamiliar car in LaMelo's driveway.

hm, never seen it before..

whatever.

i continued up to the door and knocked a few times. i waited but got no answer. i knocked again but still no answer. i rolled my eyes and sent Melo a text telling him i'm here.

3 minutes later.. still no answer.

i grabbed the spare key from a empty flower pot, that i rarely use and put it in the door. right as i went to twist the knob, LaMelo flung the door open.

"Hey." He breathed heavily

I raised an eyebrow, "Why you so sweaty?"

Melo used his shirt to wipe his forehead then looked back at me, "Why else?"

I nodded understanding. basketball. of course. "So...you packed yet?"

"I don't pack my own bags." he scoffed, opening the door wider so i could come in.

"I shoulda known your lazy ass don't pack your own bags." I shook my head in fake disappointment, even though it wasn't fully fake.

16 and can't pack a suitcase..

"Did you pack your bags?" Melo asked

"Who said i was coming?"

"oh, you're coming." he told me

I rolled my eyes. a girly voice came from the kitchen and I looked at Melo with a serious face. I could tell it wasn't Denise.

"i guess i'll see you in a couple weeks after you get back then—" the girl stopped short when she saw me, "—you must be Jaelyn."

"And you are?" i replied, keeping my nicest voice on although it came out with alotta attitude.

"Marie." She introduced with a smile. I motioned my hand for her to continue as to who she is and why she in my boyfriend's house.

"Jae, be nice." Melo tried to take my hand in his but i fisted them so he couldn't.

"Sorry.." she laughed, "i'm LaMelo's tutor."

I snorted and scoped her out. she looked to be latina or white.. or a mix, couldn't tell. she has a head of long black hair and light brown eyes.

she also has nice style choice.. but imma keep that to myself.

"Put your claws away." lamelo whispered and I shot him a glare.

"You'd do the same thing." I retorted and he gave me a slight nod as if saying "touché"

"I'll be going now. hope you'll remember what I taught you today, LaMelo." she giggled and ran her hand across his arm, "Bye!"

"See you," Melo replied

"bye." I mocked her high-pitch voice and shut the door behind her.

"caaaalmm downnn." he dragged out and sat down on the couch.

"first of all," i grabbed his arm and pulled him off the couch, "you nasty. don't sit on the couch while you stink and sweaty. second of all, do not tell me to calm down. girls don't like that."

I glared at him and he put his hands up in defence. "Why you so heated?"

"Maybe cause you didn't think it was a good idea to tell me you have a tutor. and also that she a girl.. a very—"

"Okay, okay. Sorry. I didn't think it was important cause I really don't even want a tutor." He shrugged and walked up the stairs with me following behind him.

"And she not half as pretty as you." he said in a joking voice, like that'd make me feel better.

"Shut up."

i looked at the empty suitcase on his floor and shook my head.

"So what do you—" I stopped when I looked back and he was gone. I heard the water running and groaned.

"You mind starting that bag for me!" he shouted from the bathroom and I rolled my eyes.

"Sure." I muttered to myself.

I went through his drawers and tossed a bunch of shirts and pants in there. I looked at the picture of melo and i on his dresser and smiled.

i then went into his closet and looked through his thousands of shoes.

"hey melo, which jordan's did you—" I cut myself off and picked up a pair of his retro 4's and saw a brochure. 

I read the words on the brochure;

'Lietuvos Krepšinio Lyga (LKL) Lithuanian Basketball League.
The Prienu Vytautas, Men's Basketball team—'

I stopped reading and shrugged it off.

must be lonzo's or something.

I put it back and waited for Melo to come out so he could choose which shoes he wanted to bring to China with him.

"You said something?" lamelo asked flicking his hair letting the little bit of water come off.

"Which shoes you wanna bring?" I repeated my question. He rubbed his hands together and headed for his closet to choose the shoes he wants.

"Melo?"

"Mhm?" he replied not turning around as he rummaged through his boxes of shoes.

"What's with the lithuania brochure?" i asked playing with his PS4 controller.

His head shot to me, "huh?"

I waved it off, "Never mind."

He turned around and smiled widely, his arms full of jordan's, "these ones."