I've Never Met Drake

Chaper Two

Tuesday, September 5th

The bell for lunch rang and being the hungry hoe I am I practically run to the Cafeteria. I remember LaMelo said to come find him at lunch. I walked into the Caf and it was full, it wasn't hard to find Melo's table though, they was definitely the loudest. And his hair was easy to see.

"Jae!" LaMelo is waving his arms in the air like an idiot, motioning me over to the table.

I see 4 other boys from the basketball team I'm guessing cause they all wearing Chino Hills jerseys that have "Big Baller" on the front. It's also two girls at the table.

"I'm Jaelyn, call me Jae tho." I introduced myself smiling at all them. I noticed the boys was tall even sitting down.

"Yo, I'm Onyeka, but everyone call me O. Yeeeeerm Team." He holds up some gang signs, and I laughed lightly. I never heard that name before. Super unique.

"I'm Phaquan, but if you ever call me that i'll hurt you ion care you a girl. I'm playin, but for real, call me Quan."

"Dat way it's your boy Eli Scott. You prolly already know. We out here." He smirked, lifting his jersey so I can see the number O on his jersey. I feel like I'm watching a YouTube video or some the way they're all introducing they selves.

"I'm LiAngelo." Man of few words. Good thing I already know who he is.

"Obviously, you Gelo, number 3. I know you already. I'm sure everybody do." I rambled out of nowhere. I looked at him awkwardly. I probably sound creepy as hell. Nah, he's probably used to it. Right?

"You sound like good peoples." He said leaning forward on the table.

I let go of a breath I didn't realize I was holding. It's kinda intimidating all these guys lookin at me at once.

"I'm Mia. Aye girl we got the same shoes, just a different colour way." The one girl Mia smiled widely at me. I now like her. I think we gone be good friends.

"And the best for last. I'm Isabella." A blond girl sitting beside Gelo smiled widely at me. She seemed OK. I nod my head at her, smiling back.

"Best for last my ass." Melo muttered and I think in the only one that heard, but I still laughed quietly. I'm guessing he don't like her that much.

Melo sat back down and I took the seat beside him with Mia on the other side of me.

"So, you trying out for the team?" Mia automatically turns to me as soon as I sit down.

I looked at her confused, "What team?"

She looked at me weirdly for a second laughed, "I forgot you're fresh meat," She started. I looked at her sideways. Fresh meat. "The basketball team.. try outs are in three weeks." She explained. Seems the basketball team is the thing to be on at this school.

"Ohh, yeah. Course I am." I sat there kinda weirdly. Not knowing none of them well. Ion get comfortable with people too quick.

"You play ball?" Quan asked suddenly interested in our conversation. Soon all the boys included themselves, listening in at the sound of basketball.