"I love her so much." Meryl looked up at Don in tears. "I want to be the best mother to her and Mames and Hen; but can I do this? I still want to be your wife; and for us to be how we always are. Can I still do all that with 3 kids? I think you married the wrong woman. I can't do this."

Don sighed as he knelt down in front of her. He knew her emotions were all over the place after having Grace in the back of the car, them having to stitch her up because she tore so badly from having Grace as well as having a baby in a non-sterile environment. Don felt awful that she had an infection and had to be on medication because he helped her give birth in the back of their car; but Meryl reminded him that because he was there he saved both her life as well as Grace's. Don tenderly kissed her lips and then their daughter's head. "You listen to me, Mary Louise Gummer." Don said tilting her chin up so he could look into her eyes. "YOU are the ONLY woman who I was EVER supposed to marry or who was EVER supposed to carry my babies. If ANYONE can do this then it would be you. You aren't alone in any of this."

"I know I'm not; and you are the best damn husband there is." Meryl choked. "I want her so much; we both have wanted her for so long and she is finally here."

Don smiled as he looked at their 2 day old daughter sleeping in his wife's arms. "And she is absolutely perfect. Sweetheart, of course it is going to be an adjustment but we will figure it out together. This is part of the reason my studio is in our building; so I can be as present as can be. As for us, we are the LAST thing I want you to worry about. I have never loved or wanted or craved you more than I do now. You have fought like hell to make my dreams come true. That has ALWAYS been evident to me in the past 8 years; and was made apparent to me as I saw you bring our daughter into this world in the back of our crappy Toyota without any drugs or ice or sterilization. You are stuck with me for life; and beyond."

"That's all I want." Meryl finally smiled at him through her tears. "I'm sorry; I don't know what's wrong with me. We both have wanted this day for so long and I am an emotional mess."

Don sat up on the bed and took her and their new daughter into his arms. "I think you are certainly more than entitled. I know how much you love and want her; how much you love and want all of us. I have never doubted that. We both know it won't be easy going from 2 to 3 but there is no one else I want to figure it out with than you."

"Me either, Don Man." Meryl said leaning her head on his shoulder. "You are the love of my life; and the only one I have wanted to have children with. Thank you for making me feel better."

Don tenderly kissed her forehead. "I know you feel crappy from that infection; and are in pain from tearing and everything. It's a lot of emotions."

"I want you to know something." Meryl said turning her head to him as she kissed his lips. "Despite my little breakdown here; I have never been happier, more in love with you and our family or had a deeper sense of peace in my life...NOT EVER. And YOU are the one who has given me that. Thank you."

Don was overcome with emotion and all he knew to do was kiss his wife and their daughter once again. "Well then, my beautiful and sexy as hell wife; let's take Miss. Gracie Jane Gummer home."

***

Don had their bag over one arm as he had his other arm around his wife and she was holding Grace; he was carefully leading her out of their apartment elevator and led her to the door of their loft apartment. Meryl looked at Don and smiled. "Baby, I can walk faster; and you could have driven faster. I'm not going to break We're not going to break."

"Well, I'm going to make sure of it." Don kissed the top of her head. "We're not in a rush."

Meryl gave him a look. "Speak for yourself, Gummer; I can't wait for the 5 of us to finally be under one roof."