The Blind-Date

Why do people always say...."New Years's Eve is suppose to be a happy great partying time!" Saying goodbye to the old and welcoming the new.

For Anastasia Rose Steele, there was nothing happy or special to party about let alone looking forward to "A Happy New Year." There was a time where she would have said, she was the happiest person to be so cared for and loved by a guy named Christian Grey. He had changed her just by being with him one night.

Now her heart was shattered in a million pieces. She tried not to show it on the outside, but her heart was totally crushed. She met Christian Grey on a blind-date at the end of her college days at WSU. Every girl/woman wanted him. He of course was the most wealthiest eligible handsome bachelor a girl would dream of.

"How it all started!"..............

Elliot Grey is the boy friend to my best friend Kate Kavanagh, they have been bugging me to accept a blind-date with his younger brother. News Flash: Christian Grey multi billionaire dating Anastasia Steele "The bookworm"....I do not think so. Why would he even be interested in little ole Annie from Montesano.

Kate and I are complete opposites. Every guy was interested in dating her. She was switching guys every weekend. Her motto, Just For Fun!" That was until one night she met Elliot Grey in a disco. A one nighter turned into many more until they decided too make it official.

I know Kate like the back of my hand. We have been best friends all through college and share a little apartment near the campus. Our plan was always when we finish studying to get an apartment together in Seattle.

Kate is the lucky one. She has parents who always pay for her, even the apartment we live in. So I do my share by doing the cooking and cleaning. Kate is a terrible cook would even burn eggs. Maybe someday she will take a cooking class because for sure, Elliot loves to eat. They can not always live on take-out.

Sure we have plenty of nights eating out and just lounging around watching a good flick on TV. If Kate does go out, I would be happy to stay home and just cuddle up with a good book. Our close friend since college Jose Rodriguez always wants to take me out.

How many times I tell him "I am not interested"...Get it..."We are just friends." If Kate won from repeating, come on Ana you just have to come out with us. Then finally I gave in and went out in a crowd. Sure I love listening to music it puts me in the mood, it makes me wanna just get up and dance.

I definitely do no need a partner to have fun. I am happy and content by myself. No one can hurt me, and no one can tell what to do!!!! My Step Dad Ray always taught me to be independent.

Finally after Elliot and Kate begging me, I agree to go out on this blind-date. Kate is the expert in fashion. When she sees something she knows it will always looks perfect on her. I am happy wearing tight jeans and a t-shirt. So she picks out my outfit for the date.

A tight black lace cocktail dress that hugs to my waist to show my curves, it is low cut in the back, the length is right above my knee. The dress makes me feel fantastic! Kate says, "Ana you are a "knockout" in this dress. You can keep it. It looks so much better on you than me."

"I hug Kate and say "thank you!" She lends me a pair of her black Christian Louboutin high heels and of course a matching black clutch. She styles really nice my chestnut long wavy hair, and adds a black diamond comb to hold my hair in place on one side. "Perfect!"

The plan is for me to meet Elliots brother at a restaurant of his choice which is at "The Heathman Hotel" in Portland. I figured even if the date does not go so good at least I will have a decent meal tonight. My plan was not for me to get my hopes up to high, after reading about him. I am sure this date will be just a one-time thing.