While he stepped in the 'fresher, Padmé turned down his side of the bed. Once she had fluffed out the pillows to her liking, the senator then traveled to the bottom drawer of her bureau and retrieved night clothes for her husband. She set the boxers and loose sleep pants on his side of the bed before heading downstairs for a moment. Anakin hadn't eaten a good meal in a few days and while it was too late to fix him a full meal, it was the least she could do to fix him a little something before bed.

As she made him a sandwich, her mind wandered off to Ahsoka; where could she have gone? The teenager had not a penny to her name and reportedly nothing but the clothes on her back from what the senator had understood from a worried Obi-Wan a few days earlier. She couldn't have gone too far but where would Ahsoka have fled to? Padmé couldn't help but slightly scold herself for making such a promise to Anakin; it was going to be a witch hunt finding the Togrutan - one she wasn't sure she'd succeed on. Despite her doubts, the idea of finding the girl and bringing her back to her husband was all the motivation she needed to do it.

"You know you didn't have to make me anything, right? I'm not all that hungry."

Padmé looked over to see Anakin leaning against the end of the island, his icy blue eyes watching her every move. "Nonsense. You haven't eaten in a few days, you need to put something on your stomach." She reasoned, hearing him sigh in response. "It's damn near two in the morning, Mé. You should be in bed asleep right now, not making me a sandwich..." He walked up behind her and hugged his petite wife, pressing his lips to the top of her head. "What kind of wife would I be if I didn't make sure you were going to bed clean, comfortable, and with a belly full of food?" Padmé cut the sandwich in half then set both pieces on a small saucer dish. "Eat, please."

"Gods, I don't deserve you..." Anakin chuckled, releasing her to go sit on the other side of the bar with his food. "You're right; you don't." He frowned at her words, not even the delicious sandwich keeping the smile on his face. "You deserve far better than me, Ani." She finished, reaching up to a cabinet for some small glasses. He waved his hand, lowering two of them down onto the counter for her with the Force. "Shorty... What would you do without me?" The Jedi smirked at his wife, watching her turn around with a grateful smile. "Blue milk, Jawa juice, or water?" The senator offered, going over to the fridge. "Milk, please." He mumbled between bites of sandwich. She pulled out the blue pitcher as well as her diffuser jug of Shurra-lemon water. After pouring their respective beverages, she put everything away and joined him on the other side of the bar. He felt a kiss on his temple as she slid a glass in front of him. "Thanks, Angel... So what's the plan with Snips?"

Padmé took a long drink of her water, relaxing her tired shoulders for a moment before answering. "You let me worry about her, okay? All I want you focused on right now is finishing your meal and getting a good night's sleep. Do you have to report to the temple or anything in the morning?" Anakin shook his head, taking a few gulps of his milk. "Honestly, I left without asking... I'm sure due to the circumstances, the council understands I need to get my head straight before I come back. That's probably why none of them have contacted me since the day she left..." His wife nodded in silence, standing ever faithful at his side. "Good. You're going to sleep in later this morning while I figure out how to find her. Do you know of any places on Coruscant she liked to frequent or places she wanted to go?" He nodded, starting on the last couple bites of his sandwich. "There's only about three or four that I know of. Those are as good as any spots for us to start with tomorrow."

"You're staying here and resting." Before he could protest, she held up a hand to keep him quiet. "I know you wanna see her and everything, but we need to be cautious about this. She might run if she finds you looking for her. I'm not saying I can do any better but hopefully, she'll listen to reason and come with me when I find her."

"You mean if you find her..." Anakin sighed, finishing his sandwich; he reached for his half cup of milk. "I will find her, Ani... Have faith, my love." Padmé tucked some stray hair behind his ear, flicking off the water from her fingers. "I won't let you down." As he finished his glass, she took both their empty glasses and his plate over to the sink. "Go finish getting ready for bed, I'll be right there." Her Jedi knight remained mute as he hurried back upstairs, eager to do ask she asked like always. She rinsed everything off and set it in the sink; Threepio would do dishes in the morning.

Padmé slowly climbed the stairs, thinking over her plan to find Ahsoka. She'd set out to find where the girl was hiding and then from there, not even the always-prepared Senator Amidala knew what to do. It was something she'd decide with the teenager whenever she found her and not until then. She stifled a yawn, walking into their room to find him just leaving their 'fresher. They both climbed into bed, Padmé immediately tugging her husband back over to lie with her as he did earlier. "Mé, you don't-"

"Please." She urged him, finding his lips with her own. Anakin did as she asked, never denying his wife of anything she ever said "please" for. The senator once again found herself holding her husband's head to her shoulder, feeling the Jedi's arms wrapped around her under the sheets. "You always take care of me, Ani..." She brushed back his air-drying bangs with a soft smile, cradling his head and shoulders close to her heart. "It's my turn to take care of you now." He shut his eyes, feeling her kiss his forehead in a soothing manner. "I love you so much, Angel... I don't deserve you, really."

"It's me who doesn't deserve you, Ani." Padmé shushed him, inhaling the still-there scent of his shampoo. "I love you more than words can say..." She assured him, tracing his face with her fingertips with a ghost-like touch as he was lulled to sleep by her heartbeat. Only when he was truly asleep did the senator return to her dreams for the rest of the night.