Part 1

"Mé?" A broken, rough voice floated into the senator's bedroom. "Angel, please..."

"Ani?" Padmé Amidala-Skywalker sat up on her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Suddenly two thick arms were around her middle, a damp face pressed against the crook of her slender neck. "I'm here, love." She mumbled, leaning back to cradle her husband close. "I haven't heard from you since the trial; where've you been?"

"I was flying... I just kept going." Anakin Skywalker sobbed softly into his wife's chest, grateful for her comforting fingers in his hair. "I've passed over the capital three times before I finally decided to stop." She pulled back enough to meet his teary eyes. "Anakin, you're telling me you've flown around Coruscant thrice in the past three days? Have you slept? Eaten? Anything, baby?" He shook his head, focusing on the rhythmic thump of her heartbeat. "I failed her... It's all my fault, I deserve to be punished." He mumbled, nuzzling against her collarbone. The senator shushed her Jedi Knight, willing the two of them to just be still for a moment.

Ahsoka had left the Order - them - three days earlier.

Padmé knew that her husband blamed himself for her dismissal and the whole ordeal with the council. She also knew that Anakin was capable of hurting himself whenever he felt that he was the cause of their misfortunes. In truth, sometimes she thought it to be a form of self-harm that he, unfortunately, inflicted on himself more often than not. Ever since he protected her on Naboo as a padawan, the senator made it her life's mission to thoroughly understand her husband and worship him with the same devotion he held for her. Sometimes he was borderline obsessive but she knew it was all in good spirits; she was one of two remaining women in his life that couldn't waver. When Shmi died, that was the first time she saw this vulnerable, emotional man that she'd never imagined lie dormant under his charming surface. It wasn't until the night of their wedding that Padmé had decided she would be just as passionate and intuitive about her husband. She wanted to worship him as he did her, minus the obsessive nature he seemed to take on. No, she wanted to be protective of him; she wanted to be the angel he believed her to be all those years ago.

Fast forward a few years into their marriage when she noticed this new paternal side of Anakin Skywalker that brought a warm feeling to her heart. In the future, she could only hope that he'd be so wonderful with their own children as he already was with Ahsoka. While the Jedi code brought its boundaries and limitations, Padmé just knew that they were like father and daughter in each other's eyes. At first, she was a little apprehensive about her husband taking on a female apprentice but upon meeting her, the senator fell in love with her kind eyes and big heart just as he did. In truth, she saw Ahsoka as a child of theirs before actually realizing it. She made Anakin happy and became another moon in his sky; even Padmé held a candle for the teen...

"I just want her to come back... to come home."

Anakin's slightly-cracked voice brought his wife out of her thoughts. Padmé ran her hand down his cheek, using her thumb to wipe away his tears. "I know, baby... I know." She soothed, holding him to her breast as if he were her child - their child. "I don't like the idea of her out on her own either. However..." Her fingers found his chin, bringing him up to face her. "...we can't do anything about it tonight. If you'll be patient with me, I'll do everything in my power to bring her back starting in the morning." His brows tugged together in confusion. "How?"

Padmé answered him with a sweet smile and passionate kiss on his lips. "You let me worry about it, alright?" She pressed her lips to his forehead before readjusting her hold on him. "Why don't you go jump in the shower and get cleaned up for bed, hmm?" He sighed, pulling himself from her comforting hold with a single nod. Anakin was a little embarrassed himself; he hated when Padmé babied him because it made him feel so weak. Something about her warmth and her angelic heartbeat won him over every time without fail; it was rare for his wife to hold him, even asking him to let her do so. He stole one more kiss before leaving her side, eager to get the job done and get back to Padmé as soon as he could.