♢Chapter 1♢

Lightning flashed and the rain came down on the two men. The ship swayed side to side, making them unbalance as they steadily walked to one another.
"This is the end for you" Jason called out, the wind blocking out their conversation. Zeno narrowed his eye's at the tall man before him. He shuffled his foot back, but could feel the edge of the plank, knowing that if he took another step he'd fall into the sea bellow.
"I've had enough of your game's, and now, I shall win" Jason laughed as he pulled out his curved sword, holding it above his head, reading the chop the young man.
Another flash of bright lightning flickered as Jason brought his sword down, until-"

"Shoto".
I was pulled out of my book when I heard someone call my name. I swirled my head around, only to see my mother at my bedroom door.
"May I come in?" She asked me.
I nodded and she smiled as she entered my room, closing the door behind her. I watched from my bed as she made her way over to the window, peering out.

"Your father is inviting some guests over" my mother told me.
I scowled at the word of my father.
My father is the king of the Endeavor Kingdom. It was originally named the Todoroki Kingdom, after my grandfather and all the way back, but when my father became king he changed it to a name most people call him by, so he takes it as his first name.

Ever since he came into power, he ruled the Kingdom with cruelty. Taxes were high, no protection for any town, and locked up anyone who broke a rule.
It was truly miserable.

"Who has he invited this time?" I asked my mother.
"King Yaoyorozu and his daughter" my mother told me as she turned to face me. I looked at her as she noticed the book I was holding in my hands.
"Are you reading that book again?" My mother asked as she walked over to me.

"Yes. It's my favourite book in all the library" I told her as I closed it. "What part are you on now?" She asked as she sat next to me.
"The part where Jason and Zeno are on The Shredder, fighting. And you came in on the best part" I told her. She chuckled a little.
It always made me smile when my mother looked happy, which was very rare these days.

"All you do is sit around and read books. When I was your age, I was out in the garden's, looking around and exploring" my mother told me. "Well I like reading my books, and although we have a garden, there's not much to explore. I want to go out and explore a real forest and find real animals" I told my mother.

"I know you do Shoto, but you know your father would have us thrown into a cell for going outside the wall's of the castle" my mother explained to me, a sad expression swept across her face.

My mother would tell me stories about when she was younger and lived with her family in her Kingdom.
She would go play in the forest with friends, and play pretend, pretending to be a tribe. How she would go to the local bakery to get the fresh food. How she and her family went on holidays to amazing places.

But, once she turned 19, she was forced to marry my father, for my father's father made a deal with my mother's family. The deal was if my mother married my father, my father's family would give the other Kingdom protection in time of need.

So she married my father, and then her whole freedom was taken away from her in a single night.
As soon as she married, she was forced to move to my father's castle, where she was never to leave. She was no longer allowed outside and was wasn't allowed to contact her family.

She once tried to escape, but my father caught her and threw her in a cell for a week, giving her little food and water.
She said ever since she married my father, she regretted doing so. She allowed it, and never put up a fight saying she didn't want to marry a man she didn't love.