chapter 1

4 years later

Yuu tapped his finger on his classroom desk and growled. He got another detention for disobeying orders and acting on his own during a fight against a horseman. He successfully killed the horseman by himself and was very proud of it. But the teacher told him the exercise is to learn how to fight in teams, not by themselves. And that he put his classmate in danger because he disobeyed orders and didn't think about the rest.

"This is stupid." Said Yuu to himself and looked at the window to see the sun was slowly going down, and the sky begins to turn from blue to orange.

This felt so wrong for him, sitting in a school like it was any other normal day. But out there was the war against the vampires.

"Growl!."

Yuu sigh and put a hand over his growling stomach, he still has to sit in this classroom for another 2 hours before he could go home and eat.

"Growl!."

Yuu hit his head on the table. " Why did I jump over lunch today?."

" Because you don't use your head like you should."

Yuu turned to the door and saw a girl standing there with Sapphire blue eyes, long blond hair that reaches down to her waist while wearing the high school uniform for girls.

"Why are you here, Mika?."

She walked over to him and put a lunch box on his desk. " Bringing you something to eat, you haven't eaten since this morning. " She took the chair from the desk in front of Yuu's and sat down. Yuu opened the lunch box and saw it was filled with rice balls. His stomach begins to growl again, and he grabbed one and eat it.

"Mmm, Mika's rice balls is the best."

Mika smiled. " Am glad."

Yuu could feel his heart beat faster when he saw her smile and tried to not blush.

" Mika!."

Both Yuu and Mika looked up and saw Shinoa smiling at them.

"Mika, why are you here?. Yuu is still in detention."

Mika stood up and smiled back at Shinoa. " I know, I just passed by." She turned to Yuu. " See you at home, Yuu."

"Yeah." He watched Mika walking away, and saw Shinoa standing at the door with a wide smirk like she knew something he doesn't.

"What?."

"You love her."

Yuu face begins to burn up when she said that and turned to the window. " W-what are you talking about?."

"Awe your whole face is read." Shinoa appeared in front of him and grabbed one of the rice balls Mika made for Yuu. "Just admit it, you love her."

Yuu shook his head. " N-no I don't."

"You are lying to yourself if you don't admit you love her I will tell her right now."

Yuu looked at her in horror and jumped at her before she could walk to the door.

"No!." They both fell down to the floor, and Yuu was on top of Shinoa who smiled at him playfully. Yuu breathed heavily and glared down at Shinoa. " You won't tell her.'

"Why not?. Don't you want to know if she loves you back?."

Yuu looked away. " Of course I want to know, but.."

Shinoa slowly sat up. " But?."

"Am scared that she only sees me as her brother. I don't want to break our bond we have together."

"But what if she loves you back?. You have to ask her."

Yuu shook his head. " No."

"But what will you do about Akio?. I heard he is going to choose his team soon, and he wants Mika in his team."

Yuu growled when he heard that name and hit the floor with his fist. Akio is one of the popular guys in high school who had the best score in every test, and one of the girls favorite looking guy. Akio could get any girl he wants, just flashing a small made girls fall down in happiness like they just meet an angel who granted their biggest wish.But the whole school knew he was interested in Mika, who was one of the beautiful, smartest and sweetest girl in school. Nobody could stay mad at her when she looked up with her big beautiful sky blue eyes, not even the Hiragi family. It annoyed Yuu so much, he didn't want Akio or any guys looking at his Mika. He was the only one who knew everything about her, things she keeps to herself. Akio knew nothing about her.

" I won't let her join his team."

Shinoa rolled her eyes. " How will you do that?. If she says yes to join his team, you cant do anything about it." She crossed her arms.

Yuu looked away and saw the sky was already black and the moon was slowly rising up. " I don't know."

A while later

Yuu walked down the dark street and thought about the conversation he had with Shinoa. It was true, he loved Mika with all his heart. He saw her more than a sister, more than a friend, but the question was did she love him?. He wants to ask her, but he was scared that she didn't love him back and it will break their bond they had together. Yuu stops under a street light and looked up at the glowing lamp.

" Mika, do you love me?."

————

Sanguinem

"Little lamb, Little lamb. Where are you?.

Don't you know, you can't run, you cant hide from me.

I will find you.

Little lamb, little lamb. Where are you?.

Don't you know, I can smell your blood.

Little lamb, Little lamb. Where are you?.

When I find you, I will drink you dry~."

Ferid stared up at the moon and smirked. " I can't wait to taste your blood again, Mika."