Lexi closes her journal and placed it back in her backpack. She looks up and sees Tina watching Artie try and tie his shoes, Puck was listening in on a conversation Quinn and Finn were having, and Kurt and Mercedes were having a conversation. Probably about fashion.

Lexi sits down next to Puck as she waits for Mr. Shue to arrive.

"Alright, guys," Mr. Shue says as he smacked his hands together while walking inside the choir room. "We're doing a number for Sectionals." He started passing out sheet music, "I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. Stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway."

"Defying Gravity? I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from Wicked. This is amazing." Kurt says excitedly with a smile on his face.

Mr. Shue smiled at the boy and turned to Rachel.

"Think you can handle it, Rachel?" Mr. Shue asks while handing her a sheet music.

"It's my go-to shower song. It's also my ringtone." Rachel says proudly and Lexi just scoffs. Kurt looked devastated.

"Why do we have to go all vanilla on this song? See, what we need is my chocolate thunder." Mercedes suggested.

"Yeah, Mr. Shue. Can't we try something a little different?" Lexi says as she looks at Kurt.

"Okay, we don't have time to rearrange a song for you, Mercedes. Rachel is singing it. Don't worry, we'll find something for you to dip in chocolate." The whole room erupts in short giggles, "On to item two. The school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to Sectionals."

"W-W-What?!"

"That's completely unfair."

"So we're going to have to raise money to pay for it ourselves. See, when I was in glee club, and we needed new silk cummerbunds for Regionals, we held a bake sale." Mr. Shue says and Lonny grunts at the thought of selling cake at school. She hates cake.

"You're joking, right?" Santana scoffed, "I mean, bake sells are kind of bougie."

"So hip people stopping to eat delicious sugary treats?" Mr. Shue asks.

"It's not that? It's most of us don't know how to bake? I find.... recipes confusing." Brittany speaks up.

"My family is fully committed to takeout." Rachel says.

"Yeah, Mr. Shue, kids are busier than when you went here. We've got homework, football teen pregnancy.... lunch." Finn says causing a few of the gleeks to laugh.

"Can't Artie's dad just take him?" Mercedes asks.

"I can't believe how insensitive you are all being. Aren't we a team?" Lexi asks.

"Of course. But Artie understands, don't you, Artie?" Quinn asks.

"Oh... Of course. I-It's cool. Anything that takes away our time rehearsing doesn't serve the team." Artie lies.

-BELL-

Everyone began to leave the classroom. Lonny asked if Lexi was coming but the African-American prodigy shook her head. When eveyone left, it was then that Lexi noticed that Artie was still struggling to tie his shoes.

"Let me help you out, buddy." Lexi says as she bents down to tie Artie's shoelace.

"Thank you." Artie says as Mr. Shue walked over to them.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about how they all reacted, Artie." Mr. Shue says while patting Artie on the shoulder.

"Oh, It's okay. I'm used to it... Can I use the auditorium this afternoon to rehearse, Mr. Shue? Some of the band's equipment's in there." Artie asks as Lexi positioned herself on the back of his wheelchair.