Chapter One

Moose's POV

"August baby I'm heading out!" I shout to Mim who was in our bed room watching her favorite T.V. Channel VH1. I grab my headphones and began to start towards the door however I didn't make it very far.

Because, I was stopped by my gorgeous girlfriend who wore only a sexy red short silky woman night grown, a messy bun and slippers. She looked very tempting.

"Wait." She calls out strolling towards me, her hands resting on her hips. "Umm where do you think you're going?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. I looked over at her amused as I cross my arms as a way of challenging her. I know she hated it when I left without telling her where I was going, but I also know she was almost impossible to talk to when she was watching VH1. I know I needed some way to get her attention. "Sean called I'm going to meet him." I answered truthfully and Mim narrows her eyes brows at me.

"Sean?" She asked and I nod. "Yeah remember we danced in his crew; The mob?" I asked reply trying to jog her memory and she thinks back for a minute before a look of recognizing filled her face. "Ohhh, your very attractive friend; Emily's boyfriend?"

I scoff, "Yes and no. Very attractive friend?" I asked and Mim shrugs. "I'm not blind." She defends and I shake my head. "I'm not sure how to feel about this." I respond and Mimic laughs. "There's no way to feel. He may be very attractive, but you're really attractive." She tries to save herself and I chuckle shaking my head. "Nice try. You're lucky I love you."

"I know." She replies before turning to walk away back into our room. "What no kiss?" I asked and she raised up two fingers. "Goodbye Moose." She says walking back in the room completely. "This is how I get treated by my own girlfriend!"I called back only for her to ignore me. I heard the volume go up on the T.V and I laughed. "I see how it is." I say and once again I'm ignored. I decided I wasn't going to keep talking to myself and finally left.
~*~

It wasn't long before I met Sean in front of my grandparents dance studio. I saw Sean sitting on the steps, as I walked over to him I dance to one of my favorite songs. Sean smiled watching me, I laughed taking out my earphones. "Whoo, you still got it!" He exclaimed as he took my hand and we did a bro hug, and hand shake. "Lookin good." He says and I wipe of my shoulder as if there was actually anything there. "Thanks, you too Man." I responded.

"Yo, man, you shoulda called me sooner. I had no idea you needed a job." I said and Sean nodded wrapping his own headphones around his neck.

"Yeah. Thank you. Things have been a little rough." Sean responds and I smile widely. "Well, this is perfect! My grandparents been looking for someone to help out. Come on, I'll introduce you. Glad you came." I say walking over to the front doors while Sean walks over to his bags.

"How's August? You guys likin' LA?" He asked making small talk and I nod. "Yeah, she's great. LA's fun. What's not to like about LA?" I respond opening the doors and walking in ahead of Sean. Sean immediately follows behind me and the two of us walk into the studio together.

Inside there was a class going on already where one of my grandparents new Latin employee; Chad was teaching locals the Rumba.

"Rumba's the dance of love, Miss Nakamura. It's a courtship ritual." I overhear Chad to one of the biggest Cougar's in the neighborhood as we walked past him. I noticed the weird look on Sean's face and I leaned over to him, "That's Chad." I whisper and nods.

"Copy me. Quick, slow, quick, slow." Chad says to Miss Nakamura as we continue to walks past the two.

"Baba!" I call for my grandma and she quickly began me to rush towards us. "You must be Sean." She greeted excitedly as she made her way towards us with open arms, and Sean sits his bags down.