Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

“Ok. So, where is this ‘ritual’ going to take place?”

“We don’t know. That’s the problem.”

“Well. Firstly we need to recruit some other vampires. Not who she would expect to help you.”

There was silence in the room. I sighed.

“You know who I mean. We need to get the Salvatores on board.”

“How?” Asked Rebekah.

“By the best way possible. Elena.”

Bekah grinned at me, but Klaus and Kol still didn’t look happy.

“So, this is what we are going to do…..”

The plan was in action. Rebekah had Elena holed up in the tunnel systems, the Salvatore’s grudgingly were at the witch house and the other Originals were getting their arrogance ready. The Salvatore’s were behind the witch house. I felt quite bad that they wouldn’t help us willingly. I didn’t care that Elena’s life was at stake, but I felt horrible betraying Stefan. I was still ignoring Kol, and he had given up trying to catch my attention. I didn’t really play a main part in the plan, besides hanging around looking badass. I kind of wished I had gone with Rebekah, but sadly, I wasn’t allowed.

I, myself, was hidden in the bushes around the witch house, waiting to signal the Originals. Esther had drawn a pentagram on the ground and Bonnie and Abbey were standing around helping her set up the scene. Finn was hanging about awkwardly in the shadows. Esther stepped inside the pentagram.

‘Now.’ I texted Elijah.

A split second later Finn exclaimed;
“They are coming mother!”

“It is too soon, the moon is not high enough!” Esther looked worried. “Now, go quickly!” She shooed Bonnie and Abbey into the witch house. They hurriedly walking inside, trying to hide from the wrath of the originals. Esther pulled Finn inside the circle just before Kol, Klaus and Elijah came out from the shadows. God, they looked sexy. They looked so deadly also, with their faces illuminated by the five flaming pillars on the points of the pentagram.

“My sons. Come forward.” God she had nerve.

“Stay beside me.” Finn said, reaching out to Esther.

“It’s okay. They cannot enter.”

The flames grew in size as Esther stopped the originals from entering. Klaus, Kol and Elijah stood around on one side, having what seemed like a stare off with Esther.

“That’s lovely.” Kol spoke up. “We’re stuck out here, while the favourite son plays sacrificial lamb. How pathetic you are Finn.”

Kol- 1 Esther- 0

“Be quiet Kol. Your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine.”

Hmmm… Yes, but at least he isn’t trying to cold-bloodedly murder his children.

“Whatever you think of us, killing your own children would be an atrocity.” Said Elijah matter-of-factly. Exactly what I was thinking.

“My only regret was that I did not let you die 1000 years ago.”

“Enough.” Klaus growled. “All this talk is boring me.”

I always knew Klaus had a short attention span, but seriously? He has no desire to put off his imposing death by engaging in meaningless banter.

“End this now mother.”

Ok, Klaus is officially suicidal.

“Or I’ll send you back to hell.”

Esther approached the edge of the pentagram.

“For 100 years, I’ve been forced to watch you. Felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood. Even you Elijah with your claim to nobility. You are no better. All of you. You are a curse on this earth.” Esther closed her eyes, looking as if she was about to cry.

“Stretched out over generations. If you’ve come to plead for your life, I’m sorry.”

Sure she is.

“You’ve wasted your time.”

Esther closed her eyes and started to concentrate on the spell. Stefan and Damon were running out of time. Suddenly Esther’s cry came from the pentagram.

“NO! Sisters! Do not abandon me!” She cringed.

The flames flares as Finn grabbed Esther and pulled her away from the flames with a cry.

Klaus, Kol and Elijah retreated from the pentagram, shielding their faces with their jackets. A horrid sound came from the pentagram before the flames died completely, leaving no sign of Finn or Esther. Klaus and Kol looked confused, while Elijah looked like he’d been told the news of the death of a close family member or a close friend.

“Well. That went well.”

**Comments and votes are appreciated!**