Chapter 1

Do you remember when you were younger? You couldn't wait to move out your parents house so you could finally be free? I was that kid growing up but when life happens you just want to be young and innocent again!

"You are not the father!" Maury said. That was what I woke up to 7:30 a Monday morning. My mother watches that stupid show every morning while she drinks her coffee. I was so angry when I realized that summer is over and I have to get ready to go to school. Yes! I am not the kind of teenager that enjoys going to high school. I can't even socialize with others without being weird. I only have two friends at school anyways... Layjah and Kyrie.
I met both of them in kindergarten and we were friends ever since. These girls are like family to me and they are the only reason why I am still in high school. That place is hell on Earth!

After I got ready, I went outside to the bus stop so I could catch a bus to school. When the bus arrived I got on and sat beside Layjah and Kyrie. We gave each other hugs and they started talking about their summer adventures.
I didn't have much to say because this summer I worked two jobs so I could help my mom around the house. Things have been getting more and more difficult with us since dad died. My mind started to go in a zone then I heard "So Keisha, have you heard from your boy Mark?" Layjah said. I rolled my eyes at her and gave her a stink look saying," are you dumb? My boy? You know I have no interest in Mark so quit asking me about him." Layjah and Kyrie looked at me and laughed.

The bus finally stopped and we walked to our classroom together. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see who was trying to play games with me. It was Mark! Ugggh I told this boy countless times I have no interest in him. He is not the worst looking person but I was just not interested. He is like 5'6" with a low hair cut, brown skin, bubbly dark brown eyes, blue braces and pink plumped lips. Mark was also a straight A student, this boy was genius.
"What do you want?" I said with a frank tone.
"Hey Keisha, this Saturday is my birthday party and I would love for you and your friends to come." He said.
"That's nice of you Mark but this weekend I have to babysit my little sister." I muttered.
I could have seen that he was disappointed I couldn't make it to the party. He nodded his head and said "okay, well have a nice day."
I felt bad but I had to turn him down because my mother would kill me if I tell her I don't want to babysit.

Ring! Ring! Ring!
The school bell went off and I ran to class before I ended up late and my teacher start with her rant about being prompt. I was not trying to hear her rant .

I thought this is would be a great opportunity to express my thoughts. I am not a professional writer,I am 19 years old. I hope you enjoy the story!