I stood up while Oscar complaining about missing something called dessert. James told him something mean and I followed them both out feeling an intense look on my back.

It wasn't till I stepped outside into the cold wind I felt fully relaxed and smiled.

"So I'm your mate now," said Oscar smiling widely. I nodded, "Okay,"

"No you are not," snarled James pulling Oscar by the collar away from me. I looked at them both argue.

"Alpha Draven said I was,"

"Just because some Alpha tells you that does not mean you are her mate Oscar!"

"Your dad didn't disagree,"

"He didn't agree!"

I watched as they both argues and looked down at the crab that was climbing up my clothes. 

I plucked it from it prying its claws off, "Are you hungry?" I asked bringing it up to my face level. It's pincers waves in the air and I smiled walking a few steps and looked at the ground. Why were they know sea snails here?

I found a stick and bent on the ground still hearing them yell behind me and started digging.

"Don't worry, I'll find you something to eat," 

I dug through till I saw some moist worms and smiled, I grabbed on as it wriggled in my hand and held it out to the crab.

I smiled as its pincers got to work and it moved. I should name it.

"What are you doing!"

I looked up to see Oscar glaring at me and I stood up.

"Feeding Seamore,"

"Who is Seamore?"

"Her crab you idiot!" yelled James from beside me. He wrapped a hand around my shoulder pulling me away from Oscar.

"Why did you name it? Naming something means you're going to  keep it"

"She will keep it, do you have a problem?"

"My mate isn't allowed pets," he joked rolling his eyes.

"SHE IS NOT YOUR MATE,"

I watched as they both started yelling and frowned, why were they talking to each other like that?

They suddenly stopped and I looked to see my father staring at me and I smiled. He however did not return the smile, he looked sad. 

"I do not wish to fight you on this Adrian,"

My father looked at him scowling before he walked towards me stroking my hair. James looked confused leaving Oscar behind and catching up to us.

"Dad everything cool?"

Father didn't reply but kept walking before he looked down at me, "Your mother was right, I shouldn't have brought you here,"

The walk to where we were staying was quiet. James helped me changed into something that he said was warmer so it won't let me be cold.

He went to change and I looked at the make shift bed he made in the 'lounge' room with a TV. He wanted to watch another movie. I looked at the glowing thing in the corner and went towards it placing Seamore on the pillow.

It was glowing like the sun was trapped behind it.

I reached out and touched it and immediately pulled back sucking my finger. It was hot, like a hot rock that was in the sunlight all day.

"It's a heater, you shouldn't touch it," said James when he came back and found me. I nodded, yes I shouldn't touch it. My finger was red.

I went over and sat on the floor next to him as he lay down carefully avoiding Seamore.

"Is father angry?"

James smiled at me as he stitched the TV on and shook his head, "He is never angry at you," he said placing his lips on my forehead and tucking me next to him. 

I frowned, father looked angry.

* * * 

"It's okay Seamore, Oscar won't steal your food now," I said as I leaned out of the water holding a fish for him. Seamore clipped his pincers as I pulled the flesh apart and put it next to him. He climbed on top and I smiled letting my tail flick in the water.

I couldn't sleep in there. James had fallen asleep even before the movie started and I didn't want to disturb him. I didn't go far, I was just two steps away from the cabin in case they came searching for me, I didn't want to cause trouble.

I got out of the water and changed back pulling the clothes onto me again. I sat on the ground humming a tune my mother would always sing and looked at the moon.

What was my mother doing now?

I heard footsteps and I looked up to see a figure in the shadows. I jumped ready to jump into the water and swim when I heard him speak.

"It's me, Draven,"

I cocked my head to the side as he came out slowly, like he was scared of making me flee. His eyes were still shiny in the dark and he walked over sitting down, keeping a safe distance from me.

"Your father told me about you," he said smiling, "You were studying abroad with your mother,"

"No, I wasn't s-," I stopped. James told me not to tell anything to anyone. I bowed my head and closed my mouth.

"You don't have to be scared of me, I won't hurt you," 

I looked at Seamore as he kept eating.

"Where did you find the fish?" He asked surprised and his eyes narrowed. I didn't reply.

"Thelea,"

I looked up as he said my name, he was staring into the water as he said it thinking, it sounded different to when James said my name. The way he said it made me like my name.

The door behind me opened and James walked out rubbing his eyes, "Theles? You here did you sh-," he stopped when he saw me wave and then looked at Draven who stood up.

His whole stance changed, he looked different, angry as he stared at my brother. Even Seamore shuffled towards me clipping his pincers and I picked him up.

"What are you doing here?" said James sound very much like an animal.

Draven sounded my less, "Be careful with your tone, pup,"

James stood in front of me so fast my vision hurt and snarled.

"Get away from her,"

I saw James clenching his fists and I stood up, should I get father? They both looked furious. James was a bit shorter than the other man and I was afraid he would get hurt.

"Stand down,"

"No," replied James starting to shake. "Taking advantage of innocent girls alpha?"

This time Draven seemed to be angry and I stepped back seeing his green eyes turn black, mixing with the colour of his pupil. I should call father.

"I am not taking advantage of anyone! She's my mate!"