"Not really," Gale muttered from his place where he was standing at the window, gazing down at the street below.

"What? After that long ass bus ride, don't you feel hungry and tired?" Evan inquired.

Gale shrugged. "I don't feel like eating."

Evan was silent for a little while, then he sat up. "Ah, I think I get it. No appetite? Since when? The day he left?"

Gale sucked in a deep breath, but said nothing and managed to keep his expression stoic.

"You've not been eating?" Evan asked again, his voice a little loud this time.

When Gale said nothing, Evan shot to his feet. "You need to eat, man. Come here."

Before Gale could react, Evan was already dragging him by his hand, towards the door. Gale dug his feet into the floor and tried to pull back his hand. "Stop it, of course I eat, dude. I can't exist on oxygen alone can I?"

"I don't think you eat enough as you should, especially with the days of training ahead. So how about you don't be a stubborn ass about this and come with me and Scott and get some fucking food."

Gale sighed at Evan's rant and relented. "Fine, fine, I'm coming!"

Evan let go of his hand, suppressing a smirk. "Good, grab a jacket."

Minutes later they were sat at the back of a busy restaurant in town, deciding not to grumble about the exorbitant price because the food tasted heavenly. Gale ended up clearing his plate, and Evan made sure to throw 'I told you so' themed glances at him.

At around seven o'clock they were walking around the city, before it got to eight o'clock and they had to be back in their rooms. Coach had imposed a curfew, and they had tried to get one more hour, all in vain.

They were tired anyway, and soon they were making their way back to the hotel. As they crossed the lobby, Scott nudged Gale in the side and subtly nodded his head towards the right. "Would you look at that."

Gale turned, curious to find what was of interest, only for his gaze to fall on a guy, leaning against the long front desk, staring right at him. He was tall, and dark haired, and their eyes crashed into each other. Gale looked away and if anything, increased his pace towards the elevators.

"So?" Scott prodded.

"What?" Gale snapped, irritated.

"He was checking you out," Scott blatantly pointed out.

"And?" Gale grated out, acting unaffected.

"Still is, actually," Evan said, looking back towards the desk.

Gale chuckled humourlessly and punched the button for the elevator. "Ah, I see what you two are trying to do."

"What?" Evan asked innocently.

"I wouldn't put it past the two of you to set me up," he said.

"What are friends for?"

Scott sighed in defeat. "Well at least what do you think? Does he tickle your fancy?"

Gale rolled his eyes. "Nope."

He wasn't sure anyone else would 'tickle his fancy' in a long while. Or ever. However, he could admit the idea had crossed his mind a couple of times.

Was it possible to maybe lose himself in someone else, and try to forget?

Did he want to forget?

Sometimes the good memories left him with a rare smile on his lips. Not that it lasted for long. Just like they hadn't.

The elevator slid open, and two women got out, and the three of them stepped in. Gale punched the button for the ninth floor and leaned back into the wall, shutting his eyes.

"He looked pretty fine to me," Scott said.

Gale's eyes shot open, amused. "Maybe he tickles your fancy?" He suggested.

Evan laughed, then stopped when Scott just shrugged and said, "I won't deny the fact that he's hot."

Evan and Gale gave him wide eyed stares.

"What? If I had a girlfriend I wouldn't want her anywhere near him!"

"Yeah, right," Evan muttered, chuckling.

The elevator came to a stop and slid open, and they stepped into the hallway.

There, between Gale's and Evan's room, at the door of the room in between, stood a familiar figure, leaning against the wall, phone pressed against his ear. Hearing their commotion, he turned his head to look at them.

They froze.

What was he doing there?

______________________________________________________________________________

This was going to be the last chapter but...the allure of serving you guys a cliffhanger for once was so strong I couldn't avoid it 😁. If I keep changing my mind in the middle of writing every chapter this book might never end ;).

Also, I was thinking of adding onto the cast. Who would you like to see cast as who? :)