"H-he was going to.. B-but.. H-he said he loved me.."

"It's okay.. He won't hurt you again.. I won't let him hurt you again." Jared said, tightly hugging Evan.

Then Evan did something Jared didn't expect. He pressed his lips to the other's.

He was taken aback at first, but then kissed back as Zoe and Alana squealed.

Evan pulled away, his tearstained face a light shade of red.

"Jared, is that what love is supposed to feel like..?"

"No. That's now how love should work, that's not how relationships should be, Connor was nowhere close to what you deserve."

"Then what should relationships feel like..?"

"You're.. You're supposed to feel cared about, and loved, and.. And safe.. You're supposed to feel like you matter and that you have a purpose."

"That's.. How I feel when I'm around you.." Evan said, his blush intensifying the slightest bit. "I.. I-I Never felt safe around Connor.. B-but I always felt that way around you.. I just.. I feel like you care about me and like.. Like I.." His voice trailed off, his face a deep shade of red.

"Like.. What?"

"Like.. L-like I love you..." He said, turning away from Jared.

"I-I tried to break up with Connor once so I could be with you, and..."

His eyes filled with tears again.

Jared ran over and hugged him.

"Evan.. Evan, what did he do?"

Evan tried to walk inside, buy he couldn't. He fell over, letting out a pained gasp. Jared picked him up and carried him inside.

Once they were inside, Evan slowly removed his shirt. Jared started to blush a bit but his face returned to a normal color in a second. He forgot about that. He forgot about whatever he was thinking. His mind went blank.

There were cuts. Cuts everywhere.

And a literal patch of fabric sewn into his skin, covering something.

Evan broke down at Jared's shocked expression.

Jared ran over and hugged Evan immediately.

"Oh my god, Evan.. Oh my god.."

He picked up a pair of scissors on the table and slowly cut the threads holding it in. He pulled out the patch of fabric and gasped.

Under it was a hardly healed, deep stab wound.

The sight of it filled Jared's mind with several emotions. Fear, sadness, and intense anger. The sudden surge of emotions made him want to cry, but he couldn't. He couldn't speak. He.. Was in shock.

He covered his mouth.

"Evan.."

Then the cops ran in.

Two cops ran over to Jared and Evan, the others into Evan's bedroom.

One of the cops examined Evan.

"He needs an ambulance. He's losing blood and a few wounds are infected. Seemingly broken bones."

The other cop gave a slight nod and called the ambulance.

"In what way are you related to Evan Hansen, sir?" The cop asked him.

"I'm his-"

"Boyfriend." Evan finished the sentence. "He's my boyfriend."

Jared's face went red. "Yeah."

The cop nodded.

The ambulance showed up soon after.

While they were trying to help him onto the stretcher, he started sobbing loudly.

Jared ran over.

"Everyone back away, he's having an anxiety attack!"

They complied.

Jared sat down next to Evan and slowly petted his hair to calm him down.

"It's okay.. It's okay.." He repeated.

"There's s-so many people touching m-me.. I h-hate it.. Make them stop, please.."

Jared nodded.

"I've got this."

He picked Evan up and carefully placed him on the stretcher (ignoring the protests of the doctors).

"Okay, he's good. Get him into the ambulance."

He climbed into the back of the ambulance after Evan, still crying, was in.

"You're be alright, Ev, okay?"

Evan nodded.

"Breathe."

Evan was starting to calm down.

"J-Jared..?"

"Yes?" Jared rushed to Evan's side. "Do you need something?"

"Can.. Can you promise me you won't be like him?"

Jared smiled. "Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I promise."

A/N TIME!!
I FINALLY HAVE A CHEST BINDER
I BORROWED MY MOM'S SEWING KIT, FOUND A TUTORIAL, AND MADE ONE
SHE WON'T EVEN NOTICE I USED HER SEWING KIT CUZ SHE'S OUT OF TOWN FOR THE WEEKEND
FINISHING IT AND PUTTING IT ON WAS, LIKE, SO AMAZING OH MY GOD
I'M SO HAPPY
KIND OF EMOTIONAL THO
CUZ THIS REALLY FUCKING AWESOME TO ME
AAAAAAAAAAAA
okaysorrybye