Day 3

I decided to spend my morning in Starbucks. I wanted to have some sort of breakfast before I go to my classes. While sitting down, I studied some of the notes I took for the classes I have today.

"Marceline?"

I looked up from my binder to see Kenji. He gave me a warm smile.

"Hi Kenji."

"Is this seat taken?" He asked, pointing to the seat across from me. I shook my head and he sat down.

"What's with the two cups?" I asked.

"Oh, Minsung asked me to buy him coffee while I'm here. What class are you studying for?"

"Fashion." I answered vaguely.

"Really? I may need to bring you with me to the mall next time I go. I could use a makeover." He laughed at the end and so did I.

"I might take you up on that offer."

This isn't like me at all to be so friendly to people. Kenji is just very genuine and kind. I guess I already have a soft spot for him. I pushed up my glasses and closed my binder. I'm not in the mood for studying anymore.

"I'm gonna head out. You coming?" I said.

"Yeah."

We talked about various random topics on our way back to campus. It feels weird yet comfortable hanging out with someone other than Amara. We're both the same in some ways.

"Do you wanna get lunch with me later?" Kenji asked.

"Sure." I said.

His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "Great, let's meet up here."

"Okay."

He ruffled my hair before going to his class. I went to mine.

----

"Marcie, wanna go out after this?"

I bit my lip to prevent yelling at Takuya. He's been bugging be this whole period. It's been a little more than usual.

"Marcie, you look so pretty today in your pink hoodie."

"Marcieeee~"

I just want to shove my foot down his throat so he'll shut up. I keep telling myself that if I ignore him, he'll maybe give up. I was wrong.

"Hey, where's that notebook you always write in?"

That's the final straw. I turned around and glared at him. He still had that dumb smile on his face.

"Takuya Terada, it's very obvious that I don't want to talk you nor do I like you. Please leave the fuck alone." I said.

He stared at me for a moment.

"Nope." He popped.

I groaned and turned back around. Why do I even try? It was finally the end of class, which means I'm going to lunch with Kenji. I was annoyed by the tail dragging behind me. Doesn't he have friends? Just hang out with them. I stopped and turned around to face Takuya.

"Don't you have friends that you can hang out with?" I said.

"I'd rather hang out with you, Marcie." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking. "Why won't you go out with me?" Takuya asked.

"I don't like you." I stated.

"I can make you."

"I highly doubt that." I laughed lightly.

"We never know what the future holds." He said mysteriously.