I Left Go of Reality

<3

An Unbelievable World of Imagination.

by Brandi

I remember every part of that day, the day, as I usually call it. I went with him to the store and we were on our way back. He was driving carefully because it was night. Around 11 as I remember. We were laughing and listening to music when I saw head lights coming towards up. These head lights were coming really fast though. Next thing I know the car is feet from us. I heard the screech of breaks. Then I hear the crushing metal. I didn't have on a seatbelt. I flew from my seat, crashed through the window and then I saw nothing., not a single thing. I thought maybe I was dead, or possibly dreaming.

Then I wake up to see a white room. I was afraid of where I was and what was happening. I tried to get up but there were bandages and wires all over me. Also I just couldn't move I was in so much pain. Then a doctor entered. He was frowning.

His exact words were "I am sorry to say that you were the only survivor, the four in the car that crashed into yours died and so did you brother."

As he said those words my entire body went numb, I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't even feel emotions. I just stared at the doctor waiting to see if he has anything else to add. " you are alive but no in good condition, you skinned your arm and face off the road. You have burns and bruises and cuts. You also broke your arm and hit you head extremely hard off the road." he said looking down at the ground.

" So when can I go home?" I asked.

" I'm sorry but you will have to stay here for a while." he frowned. I made the same face.

" Where are my parents?" I asked quietly.

" They will be here soon." he assured me.

Later my parents came and were almost as sad as me. The only difference between us was that I was numb and silent and they kept sobbing. After about a month in the hospital I went home. Home was quieter than before. I couldn't stand it, it was horrible. Then his funeral rolled around. It was hard to get through but I just stood there. I didn't cry, I didn't say a word. I just watched as they buried what was once my brothers body.

After that I was to numb to come back to reality. I don't think I ever came back to reality, I only came back when it was absolutely necessary. I never really like reality, and now I had no reason to return to it. It took my brother. It spared me but not my brother. I would of rather took his place. He should of lived, he had a seat belt on not me. If we could redo that night I would. I would make sure that it never happened. If that night never happened then I would be a completely different person than I am now.

When I was finally healed enough to go to school I decided that I wanted to go to a different school. What type of school did I want to go to. A boarding school. Why? Because it was far away from everything that happened. I would go there a nobody would know what happened to me. They wouldn't know why I never talked. I was accepted into the school, but I had to go to a therapist. It was weird but I didn't care as long as I could get away from this. Once I got to the school, I found that I shared a dorm room thing with 3 other girls. I was lucky enough to get my own room because I could never fall asleep anymore. I was always up until four, and my first class was around 9am so it didn't matter to me.

Hi my name is Zoelee Jordan Kane. I am now 15 years old. That accident happened two years ago. I came to this school last year, and everyone already thinks I am a freak. I only have two people who understand me...and know what happened to me. Those two people are my best friends. Izzy Shane and Ella Kemble. They are both girls and my room mates. They have seen me at my best and have seen me at my worst. But usually I am in my own little world. I prefer it over reality. Because in reality I am a nobody. I am constantly tormented by my peers who know nothing about me. My teachers act as though I am not even in there class, even though I pass every test and do every activity. The only thing I don't do is speak. I have only spoke to 6 people since the accident. Those people are my parents, my two room mates, my gram, and finally my therapist. Although she does nothing for me its relaxing to be in a room with out rude remark directed at me. Know that you know a little about myself you can see into my life through my eyes.