Work Trip

I shall be honest here. I was completely zoned out in the office yesterday. Marilyn totally ignored me and I kept seeing her going ga-ga over Derek. Jeez, she's mad at me because of that imbecile jerk! I tried talking to her, messaging her, smsing her but she just doesn't budge.

Meanwhile, I'm also CONSTANTLY distracted by Ed after our unsuccessful elevator sex attempt. It doesn't help that he keeps pretending to pop out of his office and check on his employees while passing me notes like, "Hey, I love your dimples". Okay, most of the messages don't make any sense but I'm secretly thrilled by them.

In other words, it's not as if I'm very happy so I'm slightly pissed that I'm forced to go on this work outing.

Here I am, sitting right in front of my dressing table, wondering what I'm supposed to bring. Last year, it was an outing to a carnival. Sure, it sounds kiddie and all but I bet it's way better than this...exercising trip. Seriously? I can't hike up a trial AT ALL. Should I just wear high heels to spite Ed?

"Chloe! Open up!"

Ok, Ed's here. Act normal. You can do it.

I open the door and Ed stands there wearing a dark-green T-shirt and jeans.

"All ready to go?" he holds up his backpack proudly.

"No."

"Are you wearing those kitty heels to the hike?" he says, slightly astonished.

"So what if I am?"

"Are you trying to act indecent here by wearing only a T-shirt and no shorts?"

"So what if I am?"

"Are you trying to seduce me so that I can ravish you now and we don't have to go for this outing?" his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

I sigh and shrug. "I just don't know what to wear or bring for the trip."

Ed walks over to my pink backpack. "Firstly, you need to change the bag. This is a ridiculous colour."

"Pink is NOT ridiculous." What do guys understand about colour combinations anyway?

"I suggest a colour that camouflages you," he says expertly. "Probably green or black like mine."

"And why do we need to camouflage?" I shout. "Are we in the army? Are we going to war? NO! We're just going for this fucking work trip."

"Ok, chill. You get to keep your pink bag, ok?" He looks so freaked out. I subside slightly.

I put on a pair of track pants and a pink T-shirt with "I'm Available" written on it just to annoy Ed. His face darkens as he registers the message.

"Are you trying to make me tear that T-shirt off you?" he growls.

"You assume too much."

I dump two packets of sunscreen, a cap and my mobile in. My backpack looks horrendously empty compared to Ed's. I took a peep at his just now. He stashed an emergency kit boss with bandages and stuff! Hello? Talk about being overly paranoid.

"Ok, I'm done, shall we go?" I say stiffly.

"Sure thing."

I hope I can make it through the day.

*******

When we arrive at the office, everyone's assembled in the parking lot. A lot of them look super excited. I guess it's their own business but I can't help shooting accusing looks at them.

"People! Let's assemble!" Derek snaps. Good ol' boy. "We will split into a few groups. Of course, I'm one of the team leaders, alongside with our eminent boss, Mr Hardy and a few others...." he continues but no one listens to him because everyone's just peeking at the sheet of paper listing the groups.