♡10♡

♡Daniel's Pov♡

The week flew by entirely too fast leaving us with only one last day to get ourselves together for the home visit. I've literally been cleaning all day with the help of Jack, who's currently out getting In and Out for lunch. The house was spotless but I still couldn't keep myself from sweeping up a crumb or two and dusting feverishly at all the furniture.

The sound of the alarm sounding off announcing someone was there made me turn my attention to the hallway. Soon Jack cane into view and he just stood staring at me.

"Uhm Jack?" I say pausing from mopping the floor seeing as though he just randomly just comes in to stare at me.

"Yes?" He responds still standing in the kitchen doorway with this grin on his face. What could he be up to?

"What are you doing?" I ask amusedly.

"Nothing,"

"What is behind your back?" I try to peek behind him but he moves so I couldn't see.

"Nothing." He answers again too quickly. I hear a strange sound come from where he's standing.

"What was that sound?"

"Uhh it's my new ringtone, grrr." He lies miserably with a feeble attempt at trying to mimic the sound.

"Seriously Jack what is that, and what happened to getting In and Out?" I try again to go behind him and look behind his back but he moves again.

"If I tell you what it is you promise not to get mad?" Jack says childishly. I roll my eyes but smile at his antics.

"I promise," Then he brings the secret to view and I see he's holding a small golden retriever. "Jack where'd you get a dog?" I yell on accident, on purpose.

"You broke your promise!" He whines pointing an accusing finger at me before cuddling the puppy up to his chest.

"That could be someone's dog Jack."

"But he doesn't have any tags." He counters back. "Can we keep him? Pwetty pwease?" I'm going to ignore how adorable that was and deny him firmly.

"Jack no we can't keep the dog, I'm sorry. Mrs.Rivera is coming tomorrow and I don't need a dog to clean up after as well." I turn away and continue to mop.

"But Daniel look he loves you already." I turn to see Jack holding the dog up by its arms, pretending to be it talking to me. "I love you Daniel, please don't send me back outside with nowhere to go, I'm begging you." He puts the dog down on the ground.

"Jack I just m—" And the little guy comes right up to my feet sniffing and pawing at me and I crack.

"See he loves you." Jack coos as I lean the mop against the counter and scoop the dog up into my arms. "So what do you say?"

"Fine we can keep him." I give in petting the dog gently. "Now let's think of a name."

"Lets name him Goldie." Jack answers quickly, I look at him surprised he came up with something so fast. "I was thinking about it the whole drive back."

"Okay, well did you get the food?" I set the dog back down and put the mop away to wash my hands.

"About that—"

"Jaaack,"

"I'm sorry!"

"Alright well lets go get some grub and while we're out we can stop at Petco to get some things for Goldie."